Original topic:

voice command on camera not working

(Topic created on: 04-05-2019 11:42 PM)
dommie0215
Beginner Level 2
Options
Portrait
Just got the pie update few days ago and I can't seem to use my voice command to take a picture! That feature is a lifesaver for me as I can't hold the phone and reach for the button simultaneously

Please fix
7 Comments
Portrait
I doesn't work if you have the "Hi Bixby" feature turned on. You have to deactivate it to use voice commands for the camera.
Scarter
Beginner Level 2
Portrait

Correct...you can disable Bixby OR use Bixby to take the picture with "Hi Bixby, take picture" from any screen.  It will come with a five second delay to give you time to run in front of the camera in case the phone has to be proped .  Just an option in case you like Bixby.

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Portrait
correct, have to disable Bixby feature
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Portrait
Everyone should disable Bixby lol
0 Likes
PeterA82018
Beginner Level 2
Portrait

I have the same problem, lost all camera voice control. I'm In Canada. How do you disable? I only have option to "force stop" . That did not solve my problem.

Is it possible to delete Bixby Home, Bixby Vision and Bixby  service.

I do not know how they got on my phone & I do not use them.

0 Likes
Gogsi
Beginner Level 2
Portrait

My S9 works intermittently with voice command using the camera which is very frustrating. I have an S7 which works flawlessly and even at arms length, but the S9 only works when it feels like and then, not again until after many tries. Anything that can be done to adjust the sensitivity

Bill3
Beginner Level 4
Portrait

Same as Gogsi trying to get a once in a lifetime shot of a bug or incident and nearly screaming at the phone to take a picture you think oh, the feature turned itself off yet again so you go off task to check the settings only to find Bixby is as off as you a user can get unwanted uneeded bloat I even filed my button so to not accidentally activate it only to find use voice control is infact on but just belligerent and contrary. Shot missed force stop works now but known issue ignored going into 2022.  We get what we are given not what we need. 

0 Likes