Original topic:

Ask an Expert : Service Apps Edition!

(Topic created on: 11-25-2019 02:08 PM)
Options
Promotions

Hey Samsung Members!

Got any questions about Bixby,  Samsung Pay, The Galaxy Store, and more?

We will be having our 3rd Ask an Expert event - this time we will be answering questions about our Service Apps. Let us know what questions you may have by posting in the services section, and using the hashtag #askanexpert!

This event will be taking place this week on Thursday Nov 21st, at 4pm EST, so don't forget to show up and ask questions:)

Format:

• Please post one question as a “Comment” in this discussion thread
  • The moderator will use the ‘reply’ function in the comment to your answer question based on the Expert panels’ input
  • Only one reply per comment will be made during the event – if there are follow up questions please send them to the Moderator afterwards and we will ensure you get more info!

Some suggestions to keep things moving:

• Please allow a moment or two for your comment (question) to be replied to – we may need to leverage the knowledge of one or two people in the room to create a clear and accurate reply
  • Please do not flood the forum with multiple comments (questions) – let’s give every Member a chance to ask – per above, we will be happy to continue replying during the days following the  event
  • Please follow our community guidelines at all times

This will be the thread for it! For now, the thread is closed. It will be open when we start! We'll see you there:)

293 Comments
dabankwah
Active Level 5
Promotions

Hi there - every payment card is issued by a bank.  You can  only add it to Samsung Pay  if the bank issuer is one of the banks who is supported for the wallet.  They are listed here - about half way down the page.  https://pages.samsung.com/ca/samsungpay/english 

Check the back of your card or the cardholder agreement to find out which bank it is with, if the bank logo is not on the front of the card. 

0 Likes
Options
Promotions

Hi @nuffy,

You can access the cards that are compatible with Samsung pay. Below is the link where you can find the supported banks. https://pages.samsung.com/ca/samsungpay/English/ 

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
ODEMIRIS
Beginner Level 2
Promotions
Hi. I didn't save my password on Samsung Pass for a mobile banking app and now Samsung Pass never asks me again if I wanted to save my password for this specific app. I tried to clear data from Samsung Pass and registered it from the beginning and also reinstalled the mobile banking app but non has worked. Samsung Pass works for other sites fine. Is there a way to fix this issue and get Samsung Pass to prompt for this mobile banking app to save my password? Thanks
0 Likes
Options
Promotions

Hi @ODEMIRIS,

Please remove and add fingerprint, Iris or pin and remove the Samsung account. Clear cache and data again for the Samsung pass app. After that configure Samsung pass, if you are still having the same issue, you can try Reset app preference, this will reset the preferences for the complete device and you need to set the preferences once again.

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
miinan
Active Level 6
Promotions
#askanexpert.
good day.. I am unsure how to setup the "secure folder". Can I get support?
0 Likes
Options
Promotions

Hi @miinan,

On your device, follow these instructions: 1. Go to Settings > Lock screen and security > Secure Folder. 2. Tap Start. 3. Tap Sign in when asked for your Samsung Account. 4. Fill in your Samsung account credentials. 5. Tap Sign in. 6. Select your lock type (pattern, pin or fingerprint) and tap Next. 7.Secure Folder is now set up and is created on your device.

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Dickybird
Beginner Level 2
Promotions
I accidentally pushed a foreign language on Bixby. how can I get it to return to English
0 Likes
Options
Promotions

Hi Dickybird,

Launch the Bixby app on your phone.
Tap the menu button in the upper right corner of your screen. (It looks like three vertical dots).
Tap Settings.
Tap Language and speaking style.
Tap Languages.
Tap the language you want Bixby to speak in.

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
mphil3
Beginner Level 2
Promotions
has anyone had problems with apps not working since the last software update
0 Likes
Options
Promotions

Hi @mphil3,

Please clear cache the app, update the apps.

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes