gerryjh
Active Level 7
So I was thinking about trading in my Galaxy s9+ (absolute mint) and putting the trade in amount towards a Note 10+ 
Did Samsung seriously just quote my device at a value of $202.00??? (Paid $1300.00 for it less than a year ago)Bahaha 
Is that really all they offer? Has anyone who traded in been offered such a low amount or is this the "norm"? 

6 Comments
vape
Active Level 8
Just like trading in a car never give it back to the dealer, Sell if privately.
100PERCENTEFFECTIVE
Active Level 6
GOOD ADVICE VAPE! I PAID THAT TOO.
ANX THAT ONE WAE STOLEN. TO LIKE SAMSUNG PRODUCTS THAT MUCH BOUGHT ANOTHER.
SICK TO FIND OUT THEY GOT MY EMAIL AND STUFF THAT STOLE PHONE AND TO REPORT OT STLLDN ONLINE I COULDN'T CALLED IT ON, C.S.T. NICE GUY COOL NAME.
NOT LIKELY TO EVER C AGAIN.
TERRIBLE WORLD.
GOD.
SORRY HAD TO COMMENT.
ENOUGH SAID
LAST YEAR, A 2ND HAND AUDI MAYGE, YAH CRAZY.
NOT LOST, THEY STEAL HAD A DRINK, AND HAD A THERE DOG. NEXT DAY, THE GUY LIVING THERE THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ELDERLY R.I.P NOW. GRRRRR.
ITS SLL JUST GONE.
SORRY GTG
VAPE
XO

Shaggyskunk1
Expert Level 5
Check the prices on Kijiji - If it's absolutely mint - you should get somewhere between $450 & $625 for it - Either is way better than $202! 🐧

This question comes up alot.

So short answer, Samsung still has to make money, like the example from @Vape

Dealerships need to make money too. It gives you the ability of getting some value for your previous device instantly without making an effort to sell privately. If you are looking for a higher value, I would strongly recommend Facebook Marketplace or Kijiji. Of course the sale wont be instant and takes some time.

AW1228
Active Level 3
I sold my S8 on Kijiji this past April/May with the Clear View cover. I used both for just over a year but I took good care not to scratch them. I sold them together for $400. Trade-ins are never as good a deal, I think they offered maybe like $150 for the phone.
100PERCENTEFFECTIVE
Active Level 6
not my mistake misspells.
gn all