Original topic:

free one year YouTube premium... Still haven't gotten

(Topic created on: 08-07-2019 12:20 PM)
Whitieiii
Beginner Level 2
Options
Promotions

I've been contacting Samsung for over 8 weeks now and still have not gotten anything that allows me to redeem my free one year subscription to YouTube premium... It's starting to annoy me because they just tell me to wait 3-6 days and call back if nothing and I call every week.. has anyone not gotten their free year of YouTube premium yet from the s10 promotion 6/4-6/30? I'm supposed to get it june 10 but it's already August 8 and nothing yet has showed up in my email or Samsung account... Starting to get pissed off now

0 Likes
7 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Promotions
I don't think it's free for a year i got four months .. the year thing was for USA I believe
0 Likes
Whitieiii
Beginner Level 2
Promotions

Ya I'm in the usa and am supposed to get a year free but haven't gotten it yet.. still says on my order one year subscription to YouTube premium free

0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Promotions
oh this is the Samsung memebers canada app, you could try the American one and they might have more help
0 Likes
Options
Promotions

Hey @Whitieiii,

I'm so sorry about the wait, 8 weeks is quite a long time to not hear back from support! Perhaps there may have been a bit of a mix-up though, it sounds like you're describing the US promotion, which offers a free 1-year subscription as opposed to the 4 months offered by Canada.

The Canadian YouTube Premium offer is for Samsung Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+, Note10, Tab S10.5, Tab S5e, and Tab S6 devices activated between February 20, 2019 and February 29, 2020.  If you're eligible, you can follow these steps to redeem your offer:

1. Open the YouTube App and Go to Account
  2. Go to Get YouTube Premium
  3. Go to TRY IT FREE
  4. Complete your purchase. A valid form of payment is required at sign-up, but you will not be charged until the trial period ends.
  5. At the end of the trial period, you will be automatically charged the standard subscription price per month, currently $11.99 CAD.

Please let me know if you'd like any further clarification—I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Promotions
I mean he did say he's from the USA...
0 Likes
Options
Promotions

Hey @Habsfan,

Oops, looks like I hit "post" on my response right after he mentioned he's based in the US! That's my bad 😅

@Whitieiii, unfortunately we can't do much here at Samsung Canada since it's a US promotion, but I'm reaching out to my contacts to see if I can put you in touch with a Samsung America representative! Alternatively, you can try posting in the US Members community directly: https://us.community.samsung.com/

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
mochaism
Beginner Level 3
Promotions
Thank you for the info. I was in the impression that my new galaxy tab s 6 LITE was in for the offer too and I was already tried a couple of times downloading to get youtube premium free but it wasn't working for me, that's when I decided to go here for info. So,that's the reason why I couldn't get it. Luckily,though,there's the Vanced app that works like the premium version,background playing. No ads. All the channels are practically there. And all for free too. Again,thank you for the information,ma'am.
0 Likes