Original topic:

stopping apps from updating

(Topic created on: 02-15-2020 09:33 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Promotions
I was just wondering is there any way to permanently Force this bloatware application to not update. because when you do the update it just constantly pushes useless notifications.   or even if I can just stop it from pushing notifications because I tried disabling that but it somehow it seems to still be able to push notifications. 
@samsung -  stop forcing these useless bloatware applications on your users.

8 Comments
Promotions
Have you try:

Settings→ Apps→ Visit In

Click Uninstall so that it back to original version. Then, click Disable on your bottom left.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Promotions
I think maybe I already done that 🤔, because it's no longer showing under system apps. I uninstalled the updates and I think did force stop and clear cache the whole 9 yards. so any chance I can get it to ignore this update notification?
0 Likes
Promotions
Forced stop has no use. Once you reboot the phone, the app will run again. Instead of click forced stop, do you have an option Disable? Forced stop is on the right hand bottom corner. Disable should be on left hand bottom corner. If yes, disable the app will stop permanently.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Promotions
disable is not in bold print for me. I guess I will just have to play around with it.
0 Likes
Promotions
Hi TBone, the the Disable button greyed out. You cannot disable this app normally.

I am not familiar with adb command. Maybe CHMultimedia can help you out. Other than normal remove progress, not recommend rooting the phone for just remove this app.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Promotions
Yup just gimme a sec. Package name is com.samsung.android.ipsgeofence
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Promotions
Follow the instructions here: https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/

Stop at step 12 (you do the step 12 and then stop). Then type this in your Command Prompt:

pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.ipsgeofence
rossmanb
Beginner Level 2
Promotions

In our quest to resolve this, we turned to the services of https://gowombat.team/. Their team quickly identified the root of the problem and provided effective solutions to rectify it. I'm delighted to report that the app's performance has now significantly improved, resulting in a noticeable uptick in user engagement. Their expertise in app development has truly come to our rescue, and I can confidently recommend their services to anyone facing similar challenges.

0 Likes