Did you mean: 

Original topic:

What happens if I leave the BETA

(Topic created on: 11-27-2019 09:55 AM)
Jon-Garrett
Active Level 1
Options
Questions
The beta has caused too many problems for me. One thing I cannot tolerate is missing files on my phone.  I have hundreds of thousands of photos, thousands of videos and thousands of songs.

If I leave the BETA will everything that got installed be uninstalled and my phone back to how it was our do I have to factory reset and shows hours restoring my phone?

13 Comments
yardie
Active Level 4
Questions
yes plus the feds will come & get you. bad situation all around
Questions
Read the Beta stuff kid. It details it for people like you.
Jon-Garrett
Active Level 1
Questions
people like me want to know from users who did what I'm asking about.

The info in the instructions won't tell me if users have any residual issues--that's what I want to avoid.
0 Likes
Yakimuro
Active Level 5
Questions
Factory reset is required. The best that can happen is you can restore a backup from before you installed the beta.
braddhill77
Active Level 6
Questions
... or just be patient and stick it out. Stable version isn't far away.
Tel864
Active Level 8
Questions
With a proper backup there is no way a system restore would take hours, minutes maybe but never hours. Before you roll back, I'd suggest reading up on how to properly backup.
OH, if you do leave the beta we'll all come over, stand in front of your house and boo. 😂
Jon-Garrett
Active Level 1
Questions
I'm old school I do local backups to multiple devices. I have Decade of data on multiple hard drives. backing up, restoring and then manually checking for errors take time but that works for me.
0 Likes
Questions
bruh, it's about to be 2020...need to start storing **bleep** on the cloud. I was like you, I wanted the data on MY device, however after switching to Google Photos and YouTube Music/Google Music I can't go back. Faaaaar more convenient.
0 Likes
Jon-Garrett
Active Level 1
Questions
Bruh I don't store sht on the cloud. I have more than half a million photos of my family. I keep everything local.

cloud servers can be hacked, spied on, go offline, eat through your data plan. and if you're an iPhone user your data is stored on servers in Russia and China.

there's no way in hell I'm trusting Google with photos of my family.
0 Likes