Original topic:

How to achieve 4K resolution (Dex) with S9+

(Topic created on: 09-20-2020 07:24 PM)
Hecky
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung DeX
Hey all:

Desperately trying to find a way to achieve 4096 x 2160 resolution when using Dex and hooked up to my 4K TV but it seems like I'm only able to get it when I'm in "screen mirroring" mode. It only gives me 1920 x 1080 in Dex mode (higher resolutions are grayed out).

Is there an adapter/fix for this??
0 Likes
5 Comments
Samsung DeX
you'll need the Dex docking stations or cable adapters to get 4k
0 Likes
Hecky
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX
I've tried 2x adapters and it doesn't give me 4K in Dex mode (only in screen mirroring mode).

Any idea on which adapter would support 4K in Dex mode?
0 Likes
Yoda420
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Have you actually achieved this yourself? And how did you achieve it?

0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Samsung DeX

DeX does not support 4K, period. It supports up to 1440p (max resolution of 3440x1440).

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Samsung DeX
Hi Hecky,
No, you cannot play a 4K video in Samsung DeX.
If you wish to play a 4K video, you can connect to an external display (TV or monitor) using a cable and switch to Screen Mirroring Mode to play the video.
If you want to switch to Screen Mirroring while using Samsung DeX on an external display device (e.g. a TV or monitor) through a wired connection, follow the steps below:
- In the Quick Settings menu, which can be accessed by selecting the status bar in the bottom right corner of the Samsung DeX home screen, select the DeX icon to exit DeX.
- Select the [Apps] button in the bottom left corner of the home screen and then the [Exit DeX] menu.
- Go to [Settings > Connections > More connection settings > HDMI mode] on your phone and select [Screen Mirroring].
Note: The [HDMI mode] setting is only available in smartphones.
0 Likes