Original topic:

Opinion on samsung Dex?

(Topic created on: 03-15-2019 01:50 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Samsung DeX
I am just wondering what do people think about the Samsung Dex is it worth getting because I am thinking about possibly purchasing one in the future. I just want To see what people think and people's opinions on them . Also how does the software work for the Dex is it something that gets updated Like an application?.
15 Comments
Samsung DeX
Depending on the phone you have, you can use Samsung Dex by connecting a HDMI to USB-C cable to your phone, if using a Note 9, I use Dex all time when I'm home, instead of using switching through multiple apps on my phone, I just have each app open on my screen.

You should just try it and see if it suits your needs, my desktop PC crashed, I work in IT and can fix it myself, but since I've been using Samsung Dex, I don't see a need for me to fix my desktop PC.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Samsung DeX
i have an S9+
0 Likes
Lancelot
Active Level 4
Samsung DeX
I've realised dex is becoming an IT professionals perfect tool I think. I'm about to connect remote access to a few PC's and play around with it myself
0 Likes
Samsung DeX
You can use a USB-C hub that has a HDMI connection on it.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Samsung DeX
i think i may give that a go thanks.
0 Likes
Digital
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX
I have a note 9 and the couple times I tried to use Dex, it failed. Shame, I was hoping to simplify some things in my life, but I need it to be quick and reliable and clearly it is not.
0 Likes
Samsung DeX
What failed when you tried to use Dex?
0 Likes
Lancelot
Active Level 4
Samsung DeX
I am really enjoying DeX personally. I had a somewhat beefy laptop that I used as my main computer for about 7+ and needed an upgrade. I couldn't afford a Surface tablet, but for a cheaper comparison it works. Also really depends on what you're using dex for.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Samsung DeX
ya i'm thinking that at some point i will look at getting DEX for my S9+ but i would like to know how does the software work for maybe getting updated? does it get updates?
0 Likes