Highlighted
TBone
Active Level 8
I am just wondering what do people think about the Samsung Dex is it worth getting because I am thinking about possibly purchasing one in the future. I just want To see what people think and people's opinions on them . Also how does the software work for the Dex is it something that gets updated Like an application?.
15 Comments
Cprice
Expert Level 1
Depending on the phone you have, you can use Samsung Dex by connecting a HDMI to USB-C cable to your phone, if using a Note 9, I use Dex all time when I'm home, instead of using switching through multiple apps on my phone, I just have each app open on my screen.

You should just try it and see if it suits your needs, my desktop PC crashed, I work in IT and can fix it myself, but since I've been using Samsung Dex, I don't see a need for me to fix my desktop PC.
TBone
Active Level 8
i have an S9+
Lancelot
Active Level 3
I've realised dex is becoming an IT professionals perfect tool I think. I'm about to connect remote access to a few PC's and play around with it myself
Cprice
Expert Level 1
You can use a USB-C hub that has a HDMI connection on it.
TBone
Active Level 8
i think i may give that a go thanks.
Digital
Active Level 1
I have a note 9 and the couple times I tried to use Dex, it failed. Shame, I was hoping to simplify some things in my life, but I need it to be quick and reliable and clearly it is not.
Cprice
Expert Level 1
What failed when you tried to use Dex?
Lancelot
Active Level 3
I am really enjoying DeX personally. I had a somewhat beefy laptop that I used as my main computer for about 7+ and needed an upgrade. I couldn't afford a Surface tablet, but for a cheaper comparison it works. Also really depends on what you're using dex for.
TBone
Active Level 8
ya i'm thinking that at some point i will look at getting DEX for my S9+ but i would like to know how does the software work for maybe getting updated? does it get updates?