Original topic:

Add Barcode scanner to food diary

(Topic created on: 09-12-2018 12:26 PM)
DKylTitan
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health
Since Samsung has removed third party application support from SHEALTH V6.0, one application that used to be great to use for Food Diary purposes was MyFitnessPal. the fact it has a barcode scanner that pulls up nutritional information of the food we take made food logging quick and fast.

If Samsung doesn't want to atleast re-add 3rd party app support into sHealth then I'd suggest adding the barcode scanner to make it faster to record food entries into your daily food log.
25 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Health
that would be amazing, and I think it's a feature that's been suggested numerous times. they do have the bixby vision (food) working now but its hit or miss. currently I use Samsung health but if it's not in samsung health I scan the item in my fitness pal and then input the information in health
Moderator_
Options
Samsung Health
Thanks for the suggestion! I will be sure to pass it on.
-Jenna
Baldey
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Did you pass it on though? Unbelievable that this is still not a feature... What could possibly have priority over this in a calorie counter app?

EKinnamon
Beginner Level 5
Samsung Health

5 years, 1 month, 27 days... do ypu know if amy action has been taken? This seems like a basic feature and can't figure out how to do it on sHealth.

0 Likes
DKylTitan
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
can you show me how plz? like by posting screenshots of where to go?
Samsung Health
Settings - Data Permissions & Enable the My Fitness Pal Toggles 🐧3e7636bb-b4e2-42d5-adcb-4c34993facc2.jpg
f045125b-0fe9-4846-9ffd-139163e314b4.jpg
DKylTitan
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
thanks!
0 Likes
Csubi
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
@shaggyskunkS9P Please share settings and help us
0 Likes
Samsung Health