Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Is there an option to have a workout on both phone and watch?

(Topic created on: 10-05-2020 10:14 AM)
adinas
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health

Hi all,

I have the Samsung Heath app on my phone and I also have a Galaxy Gear S3 Samsung watch. I can start a workout on my watch but then the audio updates are via the watch speaker and all info is on the watch and the phone app shows nothing until after the workout. Or I can start the workout via the Samsung Health app on my phone and the audio goes to my ear buds but then the watch does nothing and no heart rate is recorded.

The watch is paired to the phone and Samsung Heath app shows it as a registered accessory.

Is there an option where both will be in sync during a workout? I would like to start the workout on my phone so I can hear updates via my ear buds but also have the heart rate monitored and be able to peak at my watch to see info on the workout 

8 Comments
Solution
Samsung Health
Hi adinas, unfortunately this cannot be done. I have wrote a review about Phone, watch and buds live, when using Samsung Health on watch, the audio won't happened on buds live. I hope Samsung can make this happen through software update.
0 Likes
adinas
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

Thanks for telling me. So I guess I won't keep looking for this option in the settings 😞

keagan
Options
Samsung Health

Hi adinas and Tallman, We will take it as feedback and forward this to our team. Thanks for taking the time to share your ideas with us.

0 Likes
adinas
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

Hi keagan,

Yes, I think a feature like this would be very useful. Having the workout appear on both phone and watch during the workout and being able to hear the audio via wireless earbuds and also being able to look at the watch during the workout would be very convenient especially since the phone is usually strapped to your arm and hard to look at so you want to be able to see data on the watch but hear updates via ear buds

Samsung Health
And also because of privacy, I don't want other people beside me can hear how fast is my heart rate and other personal info. 😉
keagan
Options
Samsung Health

Hi adinas, I understand your requirement. Yes, that would be certainly a great idea to be able to control the devices to show data at the same time.

0 Likes
Drecki
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

I have been frustrated with the lack of this feature for a long time now, and this actually made me reconsider upgrading from my galaxy watch to another samsung device in the future. They keep removing essential features in the samsung health app, and still many features are lacking, like integrating a map application such as google maps into S health to plan cycling/running routes. 

0 Likes
Supergirl91690
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed yet? It's been 3 years since this post so I'm hoping so.

0 Likes