Original topic:

S Health Cycling weird lines on run

(Topic created on: 09-20-2017 06:58 PM)
Badaboom
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Health
Hi, I've been using S Health to monitor my bike rides but since a few weeks, all my rides are showing direct links from my starting to ending position on the map (see attachment). This bug also seems to mess with my pace which shows around 7s/km.

Also, when my ride is synchronized with Strava, the data is bad and the date shows Dec 31, 1969.

Anyone else has experienced that? Someone has to fix for it? I've tried reinstalling S Health but all it did was to remove all my rides 😮.

Thanks62f66163-2b68-4eef-b728-e8697f01c16e.jpg
0 Likes
7 Comments
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Samsung Health
That is quite a ride, looks like you did a Triathlon with a little swim there lol

Jokes aside, it could actually be your GPS acting up and marking different locations, on my old Note 3 I had to do a bunch of stuff to fix my GPS from jumping around but it involved taking apart the device. But you could try recalibrating the GPS. As for the date, have you checked the Strava app for date settings? I haven't used Strava so I'm not familiar with it's interface.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Samsung Health
it's likely confused because you are crossing over water... have you tried just cycling five or six blocks in a square or figure eight? if it's accurate on that test it's likely the water is throwing off it's route calc
0 Likes
Badaboom
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health
There's actually a bridge where you see points 5 and 6. :)
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Samsung Health
yes, that is obvious, but the mapping system might not recognize the bridge as a road, so it draws it's own lines to compensate.
0 Likes
Badaboom
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health
no, S health used to map everything properly until 10 days ago. unfortunately I don't have a good map to show you because I've reinstalled the app and have lost them all. Also, the total distance, average speed, duration and time are all accurate.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Samsung Health
I understand, but trying to help you isolate where the bug occurs. If you try riding only city blocks in a square pattern, and all of the metrics are proper, you can conclude the bug is possibly due to water mapping.

Also, if you have a Samsung account you can back up (and restore) you Shealth activity so you don't lose your activity moving forward as fyi.

Lastly, there is a feedback mechanism is Shealth, and you should submit your findings direct to them. I have elevated a concern to them previously, and they are responsive. I think they are also a 3rd party company contracted by Samsung.
0 Likes
Badaboom
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health
Ok so I reverted to the previous version ok Samsung Health (5.11.1.001) and everything is mapped correctly. I wouldn't mind keeping this version but I can't sync with Strava. When I try to log in using Google, I.get an error message (see image). Any idea how to sync with Strava?29e76e70-d7dd-49b5-92f8-6eae4757ea81.jpg
ceb0df21-935c-4943-8454-74e0e92d2cdf.jpg
0 Likes