Original topic:

Sleep Tracking No Longer Working

(Topic created on: 01-11-2019 01:53 PM)
NavXIII
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health
I've been using the Same Health app since I got the S9+ in April and it has been automatically recording my sleep hours. Sometime in October it stopped tracking my hours, and instead keep suggesting me my goal hours of 11-7 every single day rather than recording my actual sleep. I can't seem to find any setting related to this.
0 Likes
6 Comments
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Samsung Health
When you go into the Samsung Health App, click the 3 dots and then select Manage Items, make sure Sleep is on. Then go to the main page and look for the sleep tab and see if its recorded the sleep you just had for starters.

If it is tracking then it's just not giving you the notification for it so then go to Settings for the App, Notifcations and make sure Sleep logs and Health Insights are both triggered.

Hopefully something there helps. I've never had the issue just looking through the app to see what I could find 😊
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Samsung Health
+1
0 Likes
NavXIII
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
Thanks for the help, but Sleep is already on and I do get a notification every morning, except it always ask if I was asleep between 11-7.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Samsung Health
Oh yeah, I think they changed the standard because before it used to automatically set it to whenever you put your phone down for the night to when you pick it up, but now you have to confirm that was actual time slept.

For example, this morning I was alerted that I slept from 2-630am but it's only because I got up to take the garbage out which involved me picking up my device so my phone thought I was up and recommended that as my sleep for the night. In actuality I went back to sleep for longer so now it asks to confirm rather than assuming. Should still be tracking your sleep though and just confirming that that was your actual sleep time.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Samsung Health
Hey @NavXIII,

I suspect your sleep tracking issue may have something to do with an outdated software version. Digging deeper into the issue, it looks like there are a lot of users who are experiencing the same problem.
I'll bring this up with our dev teams to see if they can engineer a fix.

In the meantime, I recommend you contact your local Samsung Service Center (http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/servicelocation/)—they may be able to help you out.

Cheers,
Sabrina
0 Likes
NavXIII
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
@Moderator

As far as I can tell, the app is updated to the latest version which was released on Nov 29.
0 Likes