Original topic:

Step count error in Together community

(Topic created on: 08-07-2020 06:57 PM)
Jay777
Options
Samsung Health
So, recently I found that in Together community monthly challenges, it is not getting correct step count. 
For example, I have around 40k steps this month till now and Together community only shows 9k steps. Does it happen to anyone else?

9 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Samsung Health

Hi Jay777,

Your watch and phone record step separately. However, you can sync the watch and phone through Samsung Health, so all of your steps will be added together in one step count. Follow the below steps:

Using the connected phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app, and then swipe to and tap Samsung Health. Tap the Step Tracker, tap More Options (the three vertical dots), and then tap View your step count data. Choose All steps as your step count source. Now both your watch and the phone will be synced, and their total will appear in Samsung Health.

Also, Open the Samsung Health app on your phone and then tap the Step Tracker at the top of the screen. Tap the Source button and choose the option you're curious about (e.g. All steps). Tap the Source button again, and then tap Learn more. From here, you can read the available information.

Please be aware that the only devices you've added to your account can be viewed.

Samsung Health
Hello, my question is not regarding syncing issue. it syncs fine. The only thing is, in monthly step count it doesn't add proper steps.
For example, it shows total 40k steps for a week when I see individual day but in Together community it only shows 8k steps
drae
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I'm having this same problem too. 

0 Likes
Jmarini
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Coulndt find this section on the watch app (Using the connected phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app, and then swipe to and tap Samsung Health. Tap the Step Tracker, tap More Options (the three vertical dots), and then tap View your step count data. Choose All steps as your step count source) 

Checked the health app on the phone and all steps are being counted but still doesnt match

0 Likes
Jmarini
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

I am also having the same problem currently have 104557 steps for the month but Leaderboard shows me having only 38930 which is not accurate plus its going backwards last week it was at 54k

0 Likes
RichEmbury
Active Level 2
Samsung Health
Same issue I think. I started the challenges on the same day (August 2nd) . My total steps say 70,000+ while the challenge only shows half or so. I only have my s20 ultra. No watch or things to sync. Unless the challenge competition goes on a 7 day cycle rather than total steps since the start??Screenshot_20210813-214944_Samsung Health_54039.pngScreenshot_20210813-214949_Samsung Health_54040.png
0 Likes
_mwanza_
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Hi, did you ever sort this issue out? Mine is acting the same way

0 Likes
Samsung Health
Yes I stopped using it lol
0 Likes
Kickbuttowski
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health