Original topic:

Gear S3 and Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 07-18-2017 08:07 AM)
SnowCat19
Options
Samsung Pay
Hey all, I was hoping if someone can please confirm this for me. I have heard many rumors that the Gear S3 in CANADA does not have NFC...I really hope that is not true. Also has anyone had any success with using Samsung Pay on their Gear S3. I know for a FACT this is available in the US, all you have to do is simply hold the back button on your Gear S3 for about 1-3 seconds, and Samsung Pay will launch. However when I open the Gear Manager on my Galaxy S8, and go to settings, there should be an option for Samsung Pay there...I do not see it....so I have a feeling that Samsung Pay is released on the phones, but NOT on the Gear watches yet...at least not in Canada.
@Nick, can you please confirm that Samsung Pay will be released on Gear S3 in Canada....eventually?

Thank you so much!
0 Likes
8 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Samsung Pay
I am sure I read on these forums that Samsung pay is not supported on the gear S3 in Canada and i haunt heard of any date it maybe available in Canada....
hopefully Nick can answer this and give us a date..
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Samsung Pay
Hey @SnowCat19, I will check with head office and get back to you on this one. Thanks!

-Nick
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
thank you so much!!
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Samsung Pay
Hey @SnowCat19, I apologize for the late response, but the the official answer I got regarding this is "Samsung Pay is currently only available on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+, Galaxy A5, Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, and Galaxy Note 5 devices. Samsung Pay does not currently support Gear devices in Canada, however additional devices, partners, eligible cards, and value added services will continue to be added in the future".

-Nick
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Awesome, as long as additional devices, and partners will be considered to be added in the future is good enough for me,
thanks Nick!
0 Likes
MikeS3
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
Hey Nick from Samsung - just wondering if there has been any update - i recently bought a S3 Classic based on 2 things - the built in GPS and Pay. one of the online agents told me my watch was broken, since Pay wasn't working, and for me to take it to a service centre. I exchanged it instead, and the replacement watch is stuck with Tizen 2.3 (instead of 3.0 like the prior one) and no Pay.

If someone at least has a solid idea on when Pay on Gear will be coming to Canadian owners, then at least some of my frustration will be alleviated.
0 Likes
Lloydyboy
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
I guess Samsung needs to check in with reality and realise that Canadians use Interac much. much more than using paper money. Why they deactivate this feature on G3s in Canada is beyond me. I will have to check with Android Pay for making purchases.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
hey @MikeS3 I dont think yet as I have not seen any updates regarding this online. hopefully sometime next year the gear devices get added with Samsung Pay Support
0 Likes