Original topic:

MST not working on Note 20 Ultra.

(Topic created on: 10-24-2020 06:17 PM)
meep
Active Level 5
Options
Samsung Pay
I made a post recently about MST not working with Walmart. Today tried making a purchase using  MST at The Home Depot and it too failed. Had to resort to using the physical CC. CC tap is working fine. 

I am not sure if NFC is interfering with MST since the NFC signal is stronger and therefore the terminal is recognizing the NFC attempt instead?
0 Likes
15 Comments
keagan
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi meep, Please make sure that the Samsung Pay app is updated to the latest version and I suggest you to remove and readd your card and check if the issue got resolved.

0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Pay
thanks for keeping us updated, I use Samsung pay all the time and no issues yet but so far the places I've been to have tap. I'll pay more attention and see if MST works on mine
Samsung Pay
did you try tapping it near the swipe area?? hehe.
0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
if you really want full blast on MST. Just turn off NFC during process (active Samsung pay and turn off NFC).
Ideal works:
active NFC terminal
spending over floor limit ex: spending s20ultra $2000
older terminal: ex isc250 card error
Does terminal approval token and up to company.
0 Likes
meep
Active Level 5
Samsung Pay
yeah. I realized afterwards that I could have turned off NFC. It does seem to accept the "swipe" as the terminal shows "processing" then just "error" but i don't know if that's related to NFC over limit or the MST. I have my s9+ in my car now for next time with an older version of Samsung pay (which works) so my next purchase I will attempt first with NFC off and then with my s9+.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
I guess the reality is MST is on its way out as it's supposed to be less secure than EMV chip technology? The reason CC tap works is because it's using EMV chip and not MST for the transaction.

Also, I think most companies are going to start moving towards EMV's chip technology if they haven't already done so.
0 Likes
meep
Active Level 5
Samsung Pay
just an update. Assuming samsumg pay doesn't automatically turn NFC back on when attempting to pay, I turned it off and was successful using MST to make a purchase at Winners.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi meep, If possible and if you have another device 🤞 that supports MST, could you please add the same card to that device and try the transaction at the same places. 

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay

Update Walmart: Did two trips on different days. Authorize and signature skip from the staff and print a receipt.
The only issue I had with them upselling their Mastercard.
Samsung Pay headache for them until taps turns on 😂

0 Likes