Original topic:

Membership Cards - Backup

(Topic created on: 04-08-2019 03:39 PM)
gmow
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay

Is it possible to backup Membership cards? This am with support they wanted to reset the Samsung Pay app but couldn't confirm if the Membership cards would be recoverable.

If not very poor

0 Likes
10 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Pay
it should be saved in Samsung pay, anytime I've done a reset or upgraded to a new phone my cards are there still
0 Likes
gmow
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay

I agree it should be saved, I just want some reassurance prior to resetting my samsung pay app. The Samsung support couldn't confirm or point me to any official documentation. Have over 20 membership cards and would be a real pain if they are lost.

0 Likes
Samsung Pay
as mentioned above it should be saved on your Samsung account and you can import them when reinstalling Samsung Pay
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
the back up could be in your wallet also.
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
it should
0 Likes
Braydon
Active Level 5
Samsung Pay
It did for me. I lost my phone recently but got it back (however it was factory reset so I had to restore everything) and when I signed back in to Samsung Pay they were still there, but my debit cards were lost and I have to add those again. But for membership cards you should be fine.
0 Likes
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi @gmow,

I just spoke with one of the Samsung Pay devs, and they confirmed that you'll be able to restore your membership cards even if you reset the app.

Hope this helps!

Sabrina

0 Likes
Samsung Pay

Just want to point out that cards you added manually, not from the list, won't be restored. At least I've not found a way to do this.

0 Likes
Members_Qat5vp7
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay

how did you find a way to do this?

0 Likes