Original topic:

Samsung Pay - TD Canada Trust

(Topic created on: 05-16-2018 05:45 PM)
SnowCat19
Options
Samsung Pay
Hey Everyone,

so over the past few weeks I have been working with a manager from TD, and she confirmed once again....there is no plan to implement TD with Samsung Pay :( It truly is quite disappointing as it does work with Samsung Pay in the US...and for a Canadian bank to work in the US on a mobile wallet but not Canada make zero sense to me.

Below is the last email I received. We can only hope that this does get sent to the correct department and eventually we can see TD supporting Samsung Pay!!

-----------

Oh wow after I posted the picture I saw the resolution was decreased making it almost impossible to read. Below is the email pasted.

thank you

-----------

Good afternoon,

Thank you once again for your patience while I was reviewing your concern.

To confirm ,I understand that your concern is regarding Samsung Pay and that TD currently does not support it. We are currently unable to utilize the Samsung payment and digital wallet service by Samsung Electronics. You have requested that we update our systems to support Samsung pay.

Quality service is our priority at TD Canada Trust and we strive to meet this standard at all times. Please accept my apologies for any frustration or inconvenience this matter may have caused.

Mr. Jaffer, we value your business and appreciate your feedback. After reviewing your concern I can confirm we do not currently support Samsung Pay. As an alternative we currently do support UGO Wallet, TD Mobile Pay, and as you know Apple Pay.

Unfortunately I am unable to confirm at this time if we will support Samsung Pay in the near future. What I can assure is that a copy of your feedback has been shared with the appropriate departments for review in order to revisit supporting Samsung Pay going forward.

Thank you once again Mr. Jaffer for bringing your concern to our attention, and for allowing me the opportunity to respond. Please refer to our “If you have a Complaint” brochure (http://www.td.com/comments.jsp) which outlines our Customer Problem Resolution Process. This brochure will also provide you with next steps if you are not satisfied with the resolution we provided

Sincerely,

Maureen Clement | Customer Care Manager I North American

Phone Channel Shared Services I TD Canada Trust I T: 1-416-391-79249e1c6296-d15d-463e-914b-4be5fa88ba6b.JPG
14 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Samsung Pay
we all love the effort...
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Samsung Pay
Hey @SnowCat19, thanks for putting effort into this. Hope to see TD supporting Samsung Pay soon!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
Ia something wrong with Google Pay?
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Google Pay does not support TD Bank either....
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay
Thank you for trying. Gonna try to make my banks at least consider S Pay. I mean they almost all have their custom NFC-based (usually so outdated it relies exclusively on NFC SIM) and have Apple Pay too.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
the only solution is to leave TD. if they see a mass exodus, they might reconsider. I've been another bank for a few years and am happy I can use Samsung pay when I forget my wallet
0 Likes
MohamadAli
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
what's your bank?
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
I'm with one of the supported banks. sorry, I won't divulge my bank specifically
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
hmm ya I was thinking bout switching to RBC and they have a bonus right now for $300 but you need to have your account open for 12 months and your paying $14.95/month so end of the day you only get $120 and that is not worth the hassle to switch all my accounts from TD to RBC including my mortgage my US and RRSP accounts...
0 Likes