Original topic:

Samsung Pay limit

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 10:54 AM)
Ikkie
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Wallet/Pay
I used to be able to use Samsung Pay for purchases over RM250. The terminal would just ask for the PIN after tapping. However recently these terminals just display DO NOT HONOR above RM250. And no PIN entry. Did anybody else experience this?

What Citibank replied when asked: "We wish to advise that as per the Samsung Pay's website for Samsung Pay's features: http://spr.ly/61851bWoF (under the Widely Accepted topic) stated that both the NFC terminals and MST terminals accept payments of up to RM250 only."
0 Likes
11 Comments
AgentHarry
Active Level 7
Samsung Wallet/Pay
I can pay more than RM250 on local bank using Samsung pay.
Those imported bank, thank you free I also don't want 🤣🤣
Ikkie
Active Level 3
Samsung Wallet/Pay
I was told there's a limit for contactless and after you swipe the physical card, the limit resets. Not sure true or not.
0 Likes
AgentHarry
Active Level 7
Samsung Wallet/Pay
I don't know how true is that. I using those imported bank before, all the time making me so much Issue and problem. When I wanted to use more than abive RM250 and it show (DO NOT HONOR) !! Whoa.........it feel shame infront of the shop !! Seriously I has been using those intelligen bank more than 8 years, what a joke (DO NOT HONOR) !!
Make me no choice, I switch to local bank.......and there you go 😁😁😁 no problem a all.
Ikkie
Active Level 3
Samsung Wallet/Pay
Yes I agree. It's embarrassing. And Citibank for instance disabled Samsung Pay on Gear watches so no point having a smart watch now.
0 Likes
AgentHarry
Active Level 7
Samsung Wallet/Pay
This is my experience only and for your info.
AgentHarry
Active Level 7
Samsung Wallet/Pay
what a joke 😱😱 disabled the Samsung pay on Watch !!
whoa........I think they don't trust Samsung security at all 🤭🤭

Once you setup the watch or phone with those credit cards you have to use pin or fingerprint to make payment. There is no way others can make payment with your pin or fingerprint.
Unless you didn't put in the any security on your watch or phone.

Very intelligent huh those so call imported bank 🤣🤣🤣
Ikkie
Active Level 3
Samsung Wallet/Pay
Physical cards are less secure because anyone who has your card can just make contactless purchases until you report it. Dumb right?
0 Likes
Ikkie
Active Level 3
Samsung Wallet/Pay
Samsung says it's a bank issue. Citibank says: " Transactions above RM250 using contactless NFC payment method may require cardholder Signature or Pin, or may be declined. Both NFC & MST transaction will have a daily cumulative limit of RM750."
0 Likes
AgentHarry
Active Level 7
Samsung Wallet/Pay
To tell you the truth, is not Samsung Issue or whatever NFC payment Terminal issue. Is dumb bank issue !!
I make payment RM1050 no problem at all. So.....I really don't understand that bank said to you those nonsense 🤭🤭