Original topic:

Samsung pay when will we get any new features?

(Topic created on: 02-08-2020 04:33 AM)
진시형
Active Level 6
Options
Samsung Pay
I am hoping there is something in the works for new features for Samsung Pay... We don't have even the gift card option. Also we need new memberships added. There are way more in Canada that could onboarded than what is currently offered. Although I know that Samsung pay allows for great customization when adding memberships that are not supported which I appreciate greatly and have fully utilized. It would also be practical to have paypal available like the U.S. and U.K.  Paypal can be linked to Samsung pay even for face to face purchases. And hopefully transit cards can be added soon. I feel Samsung pay in Canada has been slow at getting major updates aside from slight UI improvements. There's also the money transfers, Samsung rewards, deals & coupons and bunch of other things I am leaving out that other countries are enjoying on Samsung pay that Canadians are missing out on....
16 Comments
Addi
Active Level 5
Samsung Pay
Bmo in Canada is supported by Samsung pay?
0 Likes
진시형
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
No I used my BMO Harris Debit mastercard. It's BMO in the U.S. The Canadian BMO cards don't work on Samsung Pay.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay
Bank Of Montreal Harris Bank...

Anyway there's something cool called STACK that is supported, basically a generic Mastercard debit card without fees, and you fill it with cash from whatever bank you are with, so you can use S Pay regardless of support from your bank.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Samsung Pay
Why you keep this stuff to yourself 🤦♂️
Someone did mention this before but this is real easy too 🤪
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
You can manual add other memberships in the app theres an option. I dont think it's possible for samsung to get every single membership in their list so that's why theres a manual option.
0 Likes
진시형
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
That's true. but if you ever load up the Samsung Pay U.S. version. It has quite a long list. And many of those retailers are also in Canada...
진시형
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
I personally see a lot of untapped potential, and opportunities for Samsung pay in Canada. If Samsung pay is ever recruiting new talent in Canada; they should definitely look at some of the ideas thrown around in the Samsung members community and members. I myself would love to make it as great as the versions in other countries example Korea, Singapore, U.K., U.S...etc...
0 Likes