Original topic:

Weird Samsung Pay issue

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 04:13 PM)
Cprice
Options
Samsung Pay
Yesterday I went to use Samsung Pay with my Scotiabank debit card, I have 3 cards setup, Scotiabank visa, Scotiabank debit and RBC debit, this issue is only with my Scotiabank debit, see pick below.

9 Comments
Samsung Pay
Hi Cprice, this is a known issue. Some members already state that they all have problems with Scotiabank debit card. I think you can submit the error to Samsung so that they can fix the problem asap. It is been a problem since last year October or November...

Here is the another post from last year:

FYI
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note/Samsung-pay-keeps-saying-card-temporarily-unavailabl...
Samsung Pay
Thanks for the link 👍🏾
MuskokaDBurgin
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
Just remove the card and put it back again. I had the same problem with Simpli financial card
Samsung Pay
I've done that 2 times yesterday and it didn't work, I was getting a connection error, I'll try again later, maybe the 3rfmd time is the charm 🤷🏾‍♂️
vape
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
It's Scotiabank's way of keeping with their motto "You're richer than you think" by not allowing you to your money.

For real though it probably just software stuff that will be sorted in time.
KevinTaylor
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi Cprice,

Scotia bank is aware of the issues with contact less MST transactions. Scotia bank teams are working on a fix. There is no ETA at this time.We request you wait for few days for the fix of this issue. You can also try to make payments from another cards as well

Cheers,

KevinTaylor

0 Likes
Samsung Pay
@KevinTaylor, I removed and re-added my Scotiabank debit card for a third time and it's working now.
JohnX65
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
this is very common with RBC client cards as well. remove and re add seems to fix it for a short time. RBC is blaming Samsung Pay.
0 Likes