Original topic:

gear s3 on s8plus

(Topic created on: 08-19-2018 10:38 PM)
kweagle
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay
seen the update on my gear s3 last week for samsung pay. Ever since then everytime I try to install it the gear wearable app says cannot connect to server. already tried resetting gear s3 and reinstalling wearable app, still not working. any suggestions? i really don't want to factory reset my phone if i can help it.
7 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Samsung Pay
if you check the forums you will find your answer..
You have to update a few things 1st.
0 Likes
kweagle
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
i have checked the forums and did not find anything useful except the possibility that a factory reset might work. according to my the galaxy app store everything is up to date. a less cryptic answer would be much more useful.

and no, there is nothing wrong with my connection to the internet. same problem on every wifi network and 4g.
Samsung Pay
@kweagle, have you tried the steps found here:

https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA#/profile_post?categoryId=30&postId=354764
0 Likes
kweagle
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
yes, i have tried those steps. same issue, unable to connect to servers.
0 Likes
stmax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
Ehat I found is that I just jumped on the prompt to update from my watch which kind of glitched out. I uninstalled everything Samsung Pay from the phone and the watch then reset my watch.

then i reinstalled SP on the phone and brought my cards back in (they just needed reactivating).

Then I loaded the SP Plug in in the watch. then I imported .my cards to the watch.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Samsung Pay
Hi @kweagle,

Try following the steps that @stmax has described! If that doesn't work, please submit a device error log. From the Samsung Members application, tap the “Feedback” icon. Tap the Pen icon and then submit an “Error report”. Thanks!
-Jenna from Samsung
0 Likes
kweagle
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
i have followed all the steps everyone has suggested. uninstalled/reinstalled samsung pay and galaxy wear, reset S3, launch installer from app and from watch and still no go. everything says it is up to date on the play store, galaxy store and system updates. every other thing on my phone connects without issue at all times. starting to wonder if it is worth the hassle. did this not get tested before it was released? b6b1791c-79b1-43db-abaa-47596b4a9a41.jpg
0 Likes