Original topic:

Why was secure folder "Contacts and calendar" option removed?

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 01:02 PM)
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Options
Secure Folder
Samsung, I'm still waiting for this to show and am getting sick of this as the latest update didn't fix this. Why is the "Contacts and calendar" option to share my secure folder calendar and contacts outside of secure folder no longer available? Had this on my Note 8 and Note 10+ but it's not on my Note 20 Ultra since I got it.

Please fix this and add this option back! I'm so sick of you guys constantly removing useful features and options from your devices! Even the S20 users I have seen report the same thing wanting it back.

ADD IT BACK! 

0 Likes
5 Comments
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Secure Folder
I've added 2 screenshots and wrote on them so no confusion but the Note 10+ screenshot I had backed up before switching phones to remember settings since I know Samsung is notorious for removing features and here it is.

PLEASE ADD THIS OPTION BACK ASAP!
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Secure Folder

Hi BloodWolfe, I suggest you please try to remove and re-add the calendar app in the secured folder.

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Secure Folder
Can't remove or even disable toe calendar app in secure folder, I tried it before posting. Also tried clearing the calendar apps cache and storage with no luck. I even went as far as backing my secure folder and uninstalling it then rebooted my phone and cleared the phones cache before reinstalling secure folder. I went back into secure folder without restoring anything and the option was still not showing up.

Samsung F'd up somewhere and they need to fix it. And it's not just Samsung Canada it's Samsung as a whole because I even came across on Samsung EU community with posts of the same from the S20 as well. Nothing I (or other users) try will bring it back until Samsung fixes yet another one of their idiotic mistakes.
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Secure Folder
So OneUI 3.1 still has not fixed this problem introduced when the S20 launched. Good going Samsung, morons!

Keep taking away features that kept me (and I am sure others) with your products and this was actually a very important feature for me so next phone and beyond will never be a Samsung phone again if you keep taking features and options away.

I mean why remove it, it was there, it was useful and their was absolutely no reason to remove this feature. Those who wanted it toggled it on and those who didn't just didn't. Removing features for no good reason is **bleep** ridiculous!
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Secure Folder
Wow Samsung, still no response or fix to an issue from at least a year and a half ago?

This is why my next phone and watch will be anything other than Samsung! Incompetent idiots who break features and refuse to correct it. This feature and another from my watch and nothing so I'm sick of this **bleep** so goodbye Samsung!

All my tv's and other devices will all be replaced with devices from your competition. I've been an extremely long time customer and always bought Samsung but never again!
0 Likes