Original topic:

can we get a feature like huawei's private space?

(Topic created on: 04-08-2018 08:59 AM)
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Options
Secure Folder
I know we have secure folders, but the way Huawei is doing it is really great.. depending on the fingerprint you use it opens up a different homescreen with different (or no) accounts logged in.

so if you're being forced to unlock your phone. all your contacts / pictures / data will be secure since you opened up a secondary sandboxed homescreen with different settings.
18 Comments
MrRaid
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

Or your wife 😈

0 Likes
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Secure Folder
@echo everyone's whole life is in their phone nowadays. home address, friends and family, bank information, calendar (days you won't be at home). extreme example, say held at gunpoint and that information was handed to someone.

but to go off your example. recently they passed a law where they're allowed to search your phone before entering the United States. what if you have private pictures of your spouse in your phone? there is laws put in place (fourth amendment in the US and section 8 of the charter of rights and freedoms in Canada) to protect people from government officials abuse of power & illegal search and seziures without probable cause or a warrant. so you're telling me, just because someone is in a uniform you're gonna give them the right to look at those photos? what if your boss needs to look through your phone thinking your doing something wrong? you're going to let them see that too?

0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Secure Folder
Your going off base completely.. .. That's what your secure folder is for so if by chance some one gets your phone or ask you to unlock the phone all your private stuff is in your secure folder... as for bank info etc it is all passworded.
I just think your all going a bit far and I am not your wrong but it still bears to ask if you have nothing to hide???
I am ex military and as the saying says seen a bit done a bit and I just don't see why not... live and let live if it makes your life easier who wouldn't choose that option??
At the airport and your asked to unlock your phone for what ever reason why wouldn't you? as it could cause a delay... keep you detained just so you can say NO I have a right not to?? for me I would and then afterwords get the persons name .. job position, title etc etc and do a proper complaint.
But each to their own and we all do things differently.
0 Likes
300kc
Active Level 7
Secure Folder
another example I know a guy who buys his own device but is not well liked by the guys at his job. They have been desperately looking for anything they can use against him so they've found a way to hack into his social media and phone. they can tell you every conversation this guy has. He lives his life as if he has no privacy because the guys openly talk about his conversations as a way of showing him"look what we can do ". "They say things like how's he going to prove it". Anyway the point some people would appreciate the ability to have privacy not because they have something to hide but because it's a basic human right.
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Secure Folder
Well said
0 Likes
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Secure Folder
perfect example
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Secure Folder
"... At the airport and your asked to unlock your phone for what ever reason why wouldn't you?"

why would you for __whatever__ reason?
I emphasized the pronoun "whatever".
0 Likes
Blablablah
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

Private space isn't better...even when you're force to unlock your stuff is still in SF.

Switching from one mode to another is a pain with PS: needs long step (turn off screen then login, or long steps in setting); SF allows to be used in parallel (so same time) with main space (out of SF) and can quickly access the SF apps per task list. This is good, as we used the app in normal space but for certain data and apps we need to be in encrypted mode or protected with separated password/lock. PS can't do so, it must get out of PS to use normal mode and vice-versa, what a pain
Another negative point with PS is app notification from PS, for instance, if we setup WhatsApp or another messenger in PS (or email? not tested) which use another account than the ones in main space. While we are in main space, the notification of new message in PS won't be shown so impossible to know that's there is new message. It's not a case with SF: notification still pass out of SF that we know to switch to SF to read, quickly, by task list for instance.

SF can be customised in setting to enable/disable clipboard between 2 areas while PS can't which is a pain too.

0 Likes
carolabella
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder
pouvez-vous le mettre en français je ne comprends pas l'anglais
0 Likes