Highlighted
Active Level 5
@echo everyone's whole life is in their phone nowadays. home address, friends and family, bank information, calendar (days you won't be at home). extreme example, say held at gunpoint and that information was handed to someone.

but to go off your example. recently they passed a law where they're allowed to search your phone before entering the United States. what if you have private pictures of your spouse in your phone? there is laws put in place (fourth amendment in the US and section 8 of the charter of rights and freedoms in Canada) to protect people from government officials abuse of power & illegal search and seziures without probable cause or a warrant. so you're telling me, just because someone is in a uniform you're gonna give them the right to look at those photos? what if your boss needs to look through your phone thinking your doing something wrong? you're going to let them see that too?

Highlighted
Expert Level 3
Your going off base completely.. .. That's what your secure folder is for so if by chance some one gets your phone or ask you to unlock the phone all your private stuff is in your secure folder... as for bank info etc it is all passworded.
I just think your all going a bit far and I am not your wrong but it still bears to ask if you have nothing to hide???
I am ex military and as the saying says seen a bit done a bit and I just don't see why not... live and let live if it makes your life easier who wouldn't choose that option??
At the airport and your asked to unlock your phone for what ever reason why wouldn't you? as it could cause a delay... keep you detained just so you can say NO I have a right not to?? for me I would and then afterwords get the persons name .. job position, title etc etc and do a proper complaint.
But each to their own and we all do things differently.
Highlighted
Active Level 7
another example I know a guy who buys his own device but is not well liked by the guys at his job. They have been desperately looking for anything they can use against him so they've found a way to hack into his social media and phone. they can tell you every conversation this guy has. He lives his life as if he has no privacy because the guys openly talk about his conversations as a way of showing him"look what we can do ". "They say things like how's he going to prove it". Anyway the point some people would appreciate the ability to have privacy not because they have something to hide but because it's a basic human right.
Highlighted
Active Level 9
Well said
Highlighted
Active Level 5
perfect example
Highlighted
Active Level 9
"... At the airport and your asked to unlock your phone for what ever reason why wouldn't you?"

why would you for __whatever__ reason?
I emphasized the pronoun "whatever".