Original topic:

Can anyone familiar with my problem please help

(Topic created on: 01-15-2020 04:45 PM)
anish
Active Level 1
Options
Smartthings
I have an older Samsung smart tv. A while ago I connected a chrome cast to it and was able to show my aged parents videos, pictures and other things from my S9+ phone. I haven't done it in a while.

We are with Shaw cable for tv and internet. 

Today I tried and couldn't connect. It was disappointing and frustrating for all. 

Can an possibly help me? 
0 Likes
9 Comments
Smartthings
Hi anish,

Here is my guess.

When you switch to shawcable internet, they will give you a router. Their default IP is192.168.0.1

Let say your chromcast was setup in different IP, you will have to reset your chroncast in order to use it. Once you complete setup from Google Home, you can cast your photos and video again on your S9+.
0 Likes
anish
Active Level 1
Smartthings
Hi Tallman thanks for your help. We did not switch to Shaw cable. We have always had it. The chrome cast was set up with the original Shaw system.
0 Likes
Smartthings
Sorry, I miss read it. Ok, open up your google home, will the app able to see the chromecast?
0 Likes
anish
Active Level 1
Smartthings
Thanks again I did open up home... It said Family room 1 device. When I click on the icon it says it does not see it.
0 Likes
anish
Active Level 1
Smartthings
Could it be the tv is not online and I have to figure that out on the tv
0 Likes
Smartthings
No, your Chomecast not on the network. Try power down the chromecast and power it up again. It should grab the IP automatically.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Smartthings
Yup reset everything!
0 Likes
anish
Active Level 1
Smartthings
Ok Tallman I will try that tomorrow. Hopefully works and will let you know. Thanks again
0 Likes
Smartthings
👌🏼
0 Likes