Original topic:

Connectivity problem

(Topic created on: 06-11-2019 10:26 AM)
wackdonald
Active Level 4
Options
Smartthings
So I tried to do the latest update on my s10. It refuses to connect to the server when im on my home wifi. When I switched to mobile data, it downloaded the update just fine. Also, I can't connect to my TV when both devices are on same wifi network.   The wifi works just fine in all other cases but I'm having these two problems. I don't understand what's causing the problem. 
0 Likes
10 Comments
Smartthings

I had this same issue, when I was trying to do a system update on my Galaxy S9 (curretnly not on any provider) 

I kept on getting the error unable to connect to server.

Because it is not on a network, I could only do it over wifi, but after a few attempts, and getting the same error, I just didnt bother.

wackdonald
Active Level 4
Smartthings
no. it's called freedom.
0 Likes
wackdonald
Active Level 4
Smartthings
with the number of carrier related problems I'm having, I don't think im getting phone from a carrier again. anyways, thanks man! I appreciate it
0 Likes
Smartthings
You might want investigate a couple of things - before you decide to purchase directly Samsung:

a) Unbranded Carrier OTAs may be slower than Carrier devices.

b) Because some Canadian Carriers WANT you to get the device from them - You may find that things like WiFi Calling & VoLTE aren't supported by them - Even though it's exactly the same hardware.. 🕊
MAP
Active Level 7
Smartthings
Same thing with my S10+ on bell experiencing since the last update wifi problem, can't connect to my chromecast on the same wifi, on wifi its slow and when on LTE all is fine, even I deactivate the 5gz band on my router because I was thinking it was the issue. Still the same issue
0 Likes
Peppersmum
Active Level 1
Smartthings
My S2 and Tab A 2019 keep giving me failed to connect to server when I check for updates. They are both wifi only.
0 Likes
Smartthings
Some users can't connect to server over WiFi (local internet ISP) and some users can't connect over mobile network (different providers). I still believe that somewhere DNS servers are down and causing this connection failed.
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Smartthings
Down since few months ?🤔
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Smartthings
Je crois que depuis le temps que ça dure il y a des limites. Comme c'est un problème majeur, Samsung devrais "remonter le problème et au moins signaler aux responsables de bouger. Et . . . de nous tenir informé des progrès. C'est un sérieux problème
0 Likes