Original topic:

TV turns on by itself.

(Topic created on: 05-05-2019 05:52 AM)
aj40martin
Beginner Level 2
Options
Smartthings

Good day, for the last few weeks my UHD TV 7 Series has been turning itself on at random times. It usually happens overnight but I have had one or two occasions when it happened during the day. Has anyone else encountered this?

0 Likes
8 Comments
Smartthings
You sure it's not someone else..giving you a hint "usually at night" lol 😂
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Smartthings
you can't live without either of them..so deal with it Santa lol
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Smartthings
The haunting of Amityville
Smartthings
I was going more with gf or mom 🤪
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Smartthings
It sounds like either your TV is remotely controlled or that you have an HDMI-CEC device that turns on your TV when it activates. Check which devices are plugged to your TV and I'd they support that feature. Alternatively, disable Anynet+ (that's how Samsung calls HDMI-CEC)
0 Likes
cheeky
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings
signed up for this app thinking it might be handy, most answers I read are nonsense, ppl spamming talking trash. Nothing related to actual question. Too bad these ppls comments are not deleted such as on reddit, and reduce the amount they can comment if they have nothing to offer on the subject
0 Likes
JoeJoe
Active Level 3
Smartthings
get over it an answer was posted above dont like it then leave 🙂
0 Likes
Smartthings
Your first comment on Samsung Members shows your ignorance! You would have found that the vast majority of the people here are very helpful - But clearly you're having a bad day & not enjoying the summer weather today - Either that - Or you're just a miserable - entitled so & so.... get out of your mother's basement 🙄
And learn how to appreciate some levity...
As for Reddit - That's the tech equivalent of Craigslist..
0 Likes