Original topic:

smart view error

(Topic created on: 06-16-2020 11:11 AM)
HarryM
Beginner Level 2
Options
Smartthings
I have my old tv,  a sumsung 65 inch curve, and have recently purchased a newer one, a Samsung uhd 75 inch. For some reason my smart view works perfect with my 65 inch but only connects audio and does now stream video with my new tv. I've tried using smart things and smart view screen sharing app, but neither work... does anyone know what to do? Thanks. (I have a samsung s8+)
0 Likes
3 Comments
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Smartthings
When you are connecting with smart view on your phone, do you make sure to choose the option to "mirror screen" instead of only "play content"?
HarryM
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings
yes
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Smartthings

Hi @HarryM,

If you are unable to use Screen Mirroring in the SmartThings app, check the following troubleshooting steps:

Ensure your devices are on the same Wi-Fi network: As a security measure, devices need to be on the same Wi-Fi network to allow screen mirroring. This stops your neighbor broadcasting to your TV by mistake.
Check that both devices have screen mirroring switched on: Both devices must be on and functioning to have an open mirroring connection on both your device and the TV for mirroring to work.
Your phone has not received permission from the TV: Restart your phone and TV, then try connecting again. Make sure that you select Allow when it appears on the TV.

Also, If your Samsung TV is showing as offline or is not performing as expected, here are a few things you can try to fix the issue.

- Ensure the device is powered on and connected to the network.

- Force close and re-open the SmartThings app.

- Ensure the phone using the SmartThings app has both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled.

- Connecting your phone and TV, the TV may show a pop-up asking to allow your phone to access the     TV. Be sure to select Allow when you see this pop-up.

- As a last resort, you can try removing your device and re-adding.

Get back to us with the result.