Original topic:

2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1

(Topic created on: 07-19-2019 05:24 PM)
Peppersmum
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
Can anyone confirm if this tablet has the wake sleep function? I got a case from Ebay that is supposedly a smart cover but it doesn't work.
24 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Hum there are no smart covers for the Tab A 10.1 2019. Did you mean Book Cover?

Could you elaborate on the "wake sleep" function? Did you mean the feature that allows you to wake the tablet when you open a book cover, and put it to sleep when you close the cover?

In that case, it seems unlikely due to the fact the tablet lacks a proximity sensor (which surprisingly is available on older models).

0 Likes
Peppersmum
Active Level 1
Tablets
Yes it is a book cover. It was advertised as a smart cover with the wake sleep function.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Hmm. Ebay is a public marketplace. You may have got some no-name knockoff that advertises so-called smart features. Like those awful "Smart View covers" that mimics the real Samsung ones (and are simply excellent quality, worth buying IMO but wait for discounts, they are super expensive) but aren't even touch sensitive, uses a single weak magnet, asks you to install malware and are awful quality.

But do check in Settings/Advanced Features/Accessories and enable the book cover setting. If you can't see the setting, then you may have bought a **bleep** or the tablet doesn't support the feature
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Sorry the censored word was "fa ke"
0 Likes
TakiVilas
Active Level 4
Tablets
I think you need the official Samsung book cover for the sleep wake to work.
0 Likes
Peppersmum
Active Level 1
Tablets
Don't want to pay $80 for it just to find out it doesn't work.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
If you don't buy the official one, then it will never work for sure. Buy the official one, and if it doesn't work just ask for a refund.
0 Likes
Peppersmum
Active Level 1
Tablets
Thanks. I had a couple of non Samsung ones for my S2 and they worked fine so assumed would work for this tablet too.
0 Likes
TakiVilas
Active Level 4
Tablets
yes I understand what you mean I had the original tab a that came out 4 years ago the original book cover worked on that one so I'm pretty sure it will work on the new one.