Original topic:

“Call and Text on other devices” on a Tab S6

(Topic created on: 01-09-2020 06:44 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Hi Newbie here.

I just bought a Galaxy Tab S6 for my motorcycle trip coast to coast across Canada this summer and I'm learning and setting it up.

I would like to be able to receive and make calls and texts on it though my phone which is an old Galaxy S5 Neo.

I’ve figured out how to turn on “Call and Text on other devices” in DeX settings, Advanced features but can’t locate the same setting in the S5 Neo.

Is there a setting for “Call and Text on other devices” on the S5 Neo and if Yes, where can I find it… or is the S5 Neo just too old to have that feature?

5 Comments
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Your S5 Neo unfortunately doesn't support this feature. The oldest device to support it is the Galaxy S8 running Android 9 Pie
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets

Thank You for responding, looks like it’s time for a new phone as well.

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
No problem. Keep in mind that the following devices support the feature:

- Galaxy S8 and later (Running Pie)
- Galaxy Note8 and later (Running Pie)
- Galaxy A20, A50, A70
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets

Well looks like I'm in need of a Galaxy S8 or later running pie… CHEAP!!

A Galaxy Tab S6, Cover Keyboard, New Bluetooth Mouse & a 3 Year Extended Warranty pretty much kicked the stuffing out of my budget, but I decided that on an 18,000 + Kilometre trip my 17.5” HP dv7 was going to take up way to much valuable real estate in the trunk of my Electra Glide Classic.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
The A20 is a good option too at 350$. Or the A50 at 450 if you want something that compares well with your S5 Neo. And there is of course the used market. I'm confident you'll be able to find a solution within your budget.