Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S6 Keyboard Cover - Durability Warning

(Topic created on: 11-30-2019 09:00 AM)
Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Options
Tablets

A warning to anyone thinking about buying the keyboard cover for the Galaxy Tab S6, it is not very durable and Samsung will not stand behind the product. I noticed after having the tablet and keyboard for about 2 months that the flexible portion (hinge?) is beginning to tear or crack. I've used my tablet very carefully and don't believe I've done anything to cause this failure, it seems like the flexible material is not durable enough. I tried making a warranty claim and Samsung insists that I somehow caused this failure and will not replace the keyboard. I don't see how anything I've done could have caused this. Right now the crack is small but I've only had it for 2 month and worry how much larger it will get after continued use. I really like the Tab S6 and also the keyboard cover, but I would suggest only buying the keyboard cover if you can get it for really cheap as it seems to be really poorly made and Samsung clearly isn't willing to stand behind it.20191107_103822.jpg20191107_103843.jpg

0 Likes
22 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
in other country, they have the same problem, ask for a refund if you can or send them a register letter to get it. This is abnormal and they should review it... it's like they don't have any testers
If you need links from others countries just tell me
0 Likes
Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets

Thanks for the information. Can you please provide the links for the other countries?

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Normally, the biggest problem with this keyboard, it's because keyboard always fall, your problem is different...first time i see it...sorry i tought it was the same problem..Does this failure happened BECAUSE the keyboard fall ?

If you look on that page you have different links for differents countries, if you need mode tell me, I'll make a search for you. It's the first time i see this kind of failure. If you're living In Quebec, we have a law t help you for a exchange or a refund on that kind of problem if Samsung refuse to help you... Sorry fo my english

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S6-keyboard-cover-not-sticking-fallin...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Tab-S6-Keyboard-Case/m-p/1362452#M2449

in USA, you can make a search like this :

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=f...

0 Likes
Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets
I've never dropped it. The keyboard actually stays on really well, I've read of other cases where the back falls off but I've never had that problem. The only thing I can think of is that the plastic can't handle the constant flexing of opening and closing the tablet so it's cracking. There is also a stress mark showing on the other side of the keyboard that looks like it may become a crack in the future.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

@Jonathan, like i say, only 2 solutions,  get refund or get a new one

0 Likes
Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets
I tried to get a replacement and Samsung denied it. I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung a couple weeks ago explaining the issue and sending them pictures. They told me they would look into it and get back to me, they never got back to me. Finally I called again yesterday and they told me my claim is denied because they say it is physical damage that I caused. I obviously don't agree with this, it seems to me like there is a defect in the material and it cracking or tearing under normal use. I spent another hour on the phone getting transferred up the ranks until I got transferred to executive customer relations (or something like that, I can't remember the department), I spoke with a rude person who eventually hung up on me when i wouldn't accept their denial of my warranty claim. It was a very frustrating experience.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Well I'm definitely not getting that keyboard then. My Tab S6 will remain keyboard-less. Can't believe a 250$ keyboard isn't durable and you will be treated like that, when a mechanical keyboard with a full-array RGB LEDs will cost roughly the same.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

@Jonathan_F

In other country, MODERATORS are there to  solve that kind of bad support's answers . Let see if OURS MODERATORS will help you or don't care about you..

I'm taking a chance to invite them here, @Jeremy_from_Samsung or @Community_Moderator, it's time to help a Samsung's user with the new $$$$$$ Tab S6 Keyboard..

If they don't answer here, try so send them a private email with this link :   https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/editpage/board-id/ca-community-tab/message-id/1273

This Keyboard is probably the more expensive keyboard on the market for a Android device, i am waiting to see what kind of support canadiens have.  This week i personnaly complain and CHMultimedia too about Samsung's Support directly with the Canada's director @Steve01 or @SamsungSteve. Your post proove what we were right...

MODERATORS don't work the weekend, we'll see

I wish you luck and WE support you in this post.

P.S. We = Samsung's users

Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets
Luckily I paid half price for mine, but even at $125 I feel it's too much if it starts falling apart after a couple month. It's really disappointing because I like the design of the cover, the kick stand works great, the back stays on really well for me and I like that the keyboard is detachable. Unfortunately the materials seem to not be very durable. The customer service experience was the most disappointing, when I first contacted Samsung I thought this was going to be a simple warranty claim. It turned into hours of frustration on the phone talking to people who seemed to have no idea what keyboard cover was and finally being denied a replacement when I don't even think they even understood what product I was calling about and what the issue was.
0 Likes