Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S6 Keyboard Cover - Durability Warning

(Topic created on: 12-11-2019 11:23 AM)
Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Options
Tablets

A warning to anyone thinking about buying the keyboard cover for the Galaxy Tab S6, it is not very durable and Samsung will not stand behind the product. I noticed after having the tablet and keyboard for about 2 months that the flexible portion (hinge?) is beginning to tear or crack. I've used my tablet very carefully and don't believe I've done anything to cause this failure, it seems like the flexible material is not durable enough. I tried making a warranty claim and Samsung insists that I somehow caused this failure and will not replace the keyboard. I don't see how anything I've done could have caused this. Right now the crack is small but I've only had it for 2 month and worry how much larger it will get after continued use. I really like the Tab S6 and also the keyboard cover, but I would suggest only buying the keyboard cover if you can get it for really cheap as it seems to be really poorly made and Samsung clearly isn't willing to stand behind it.20191107_103822.jpg20191107_103843.jpg

0 Likes
Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets
@Cassidy
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. Hopefully the moderators can help further with this issue.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
0 Likes
Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets

@Cassidy

I guess I should have told them that the back wouldn't stay on, I probably would have received a replacement and saved myself from a lot of frustration. It seems they're willing replace covers that fall off but not ones that are falling apart. Here some more pictures that show how poorly made this cover is (I tried telling Samsung about these issues on the phone but they still would not cover it under warranty):

Another crack starting on the other side of the hinge:

1.jpg

Plastic over the magnets on the pen cover is starting to come off:

2.jpg

I also have a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen with the official Samsung book cover. I've had it for over 2 years and the book cover is it's still in amazing shape. I was so happy with that tablet and book cover, it's the reason I bought the Tab S6 and keyboard cover. I would have thought Samsung's flagship tablet and accessories would have had as good or better quality than the Tab A series. Sadly I was mistaken.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

I am still waiting for a answer from moderators Community_Moderator OR Jeremy_from_Samsung or @Sabrina...

If you have to lie to get a refund, this will be a real Free for all. I told  @Steve01 (Samsung's Canada Director) about the support's problems. He has another exemple here. Hope they will do something for you

I still make confidence to Samsung, we'll see

0 Likes
Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets

@Cassidy

No response from any moderators. I tried using the link to private email you posted but it's says I don't have "sufficient privileges for this this resource".

Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets

Still no response from anyone at Samsung. I was really hoping my faith in Samsung could be restored and they would step up and replace my dud of keyboard cover. It's looking like I might be stuck with this cover that's falling apart.

0 Likes
Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets

I contacted Jeremy_from_Samsung and he helped get the ball moving for me again. I received a call from Samsung this morning and they requested all the information again and said they would look into it. They still seemed a little confused as they asked for the model and serial number and bill of sale for the tablet and not the cover. The people working in the warranty department don't seem to understand that the cover is sold separately from the tablet. I sent them the info for both the tablet and cover. I've gone through this all before, hopefully I get a different outcome this time.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Dont.t forget to tell us if it works..

0 Likes
Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets

I've been offered a refund for the cover, they cannot send me a replacement as it is out of stock. I'm grateful for the refund, unfortunately because I still want the cover I will have to buy a replacement and I can't find it has cheap as when I bought it. The cover came half price when I purchased it with the tablet. Oh well, hopefully the next cover will be more durable.

Jonathan_F
Active Level 2
Tablets

It took awhile, but last week I finally received a refund. I purchased a replacement cover 2 months ago and so far I've had no issues with it, hopefully it stay that way. I'm still disappointed that I had fight so hard to get a refund. I understand defects can happen in manufacturing but making a customer fight so hard to get a refund for a defective product is unacceptable in my opinion.