Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S6

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 02:27 PM)
Player_1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

I bought a Galaxy Tab S6 LTE verison on ebay and it was from Korea.  Now the problem I have is when I try to turn on the data it not working? The tablet works when wifi is on but won't work if switch to using LTE.  I have a data plan with Telus. The sim card works in my note 10+ no problem but not when I use it on my tablet?  The model I have is  SM-T865, it says it supports HSPA band . I tried calling Samsung Canada and they said they can't help because the tablet is not purchase in Canada.

I am trying here to see if someone might know how to get it working. 

Thanks

4 Comments
vape
Active Level 10
Tablets
You'll probably have to set the APN up that's for Telus.

Google Telus APN and input it in the data settings it should be under access point names on the mobile network settings.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Yup check APN settings and check if your T865N supports all the necessary Telus bands.

HSPA is not a band though. It's a 3G tech.
0 Likes
Player_1
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I have already talked with Telus on the phone and they walked me through on adding the info of there APN and still after we couldn't get it connected.. The tab s6 model I have does support the bands that Telus use.

0 Likes
FoxxyTrini
Active Level 2
Tablets
I'm not 100% positive but it maybe, the fact that it's not the north american version of the tablet, you may have to get it flashed or reprogrammed with the right specs, I'm pretty sure you can get it done at most cell phone stores...
0 Likes