Original topic:

New Galaxy Patch Update Errors

(Topic created on: 11-21-2018 01:14 PM)
Brndn
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
Not too long ago, I had an update on my table. I had nothing wrong with my tablet, the Tab S3, but there must been a good reason why to update it. It caused a lot of problems.
The camera stopped working. Everytime I opened the camera app, it says camara failed and closes the app. With other video calling and other app that uses the camera, nothing on screen appears.
The battery drained faster than before. For video and Netfilx, I had no problem with the battery life. But after the update, at 15%, I only had 5 minutes until it died. This was the most annoying part. Before, I could last at least 10 to 15 minutes. My tablet has a huge battery and this never happened before.
My tablet dies too early. Today it powered off at 7%. Last time 8%. I couldn't even get the 5% warning.
So far, this update is a pain, it didn't fix anything, updates usually take more space, and caused more problems. If you see this patch update, DO NOT DOWNLAD IT, unless you are fine when these problems. It will be nice if someone can tell me how to downgrade to the preview one. Thanks.
0 Likes
6 Comments
carr0498
Active Level 10
Tablets
Have you looked into cleaning the system cache. I would try that right away. Google the instructions on how to clean out your system cache for your tablet
0 Likes
Tablets
Like @carr0498 suggested - Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache - Reboot 🐧
0 Likes
cmdacos
Active Level 6
Tablets
No problems on my s3 since the update.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Tablets
Hello @Brndn, do you have more details on what the exact update was? I would also try wiping cache as others have suggested.
-Jenna
0 Likes
Brndn
Active Level 1
Tablets
@Jenna the update was a patch update. I didn't pay too much attention. But I do know I updated it on November the 20, if that could help.
0 Likes
Brndn
Active Level 1
Tablets
I tried clean the cashe and rebooted it two time, the camera works again, but I have to wait for my tablet to die again. Also, I forgot to mention that the Samsung logo didn't appear when my tablet died, making it hard to tell if it truly died.
0 Likes