Original topic:

PSA: OneUI 1.1 on Tablets lets you literally protect your battery.

(Topic created on: 05-10-2019 05:33 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Tablets
Ever feared of degrading your battery because of your poor charging habits? Samsung's got the solution now.

What's that? No, it's not a new battery technology. OneUI 1.1 allows you to limit the maximum charge of the battery to 85%. This should limit the pressure on the battery.

There are apps out there such as AccuBattery that want to help you have better battery habits but they only can do so much without system access.

Enabling this feature will require a reboot. After you have done so, the device you are using will adjust the battery levels accordingly. You can still charge the device to 100% but it will only be 85% in reality.

Want in? Head to Device Care, Battery, 3 Dots (More Options), Advanced Settings, Protect Battery. Reboot and enjoy.

Its not a definitive decision. At any time, you can cancel this and go back to full 100% usage of the battery

(The question mark is due to the fact that I don't know if it's exclusive to tablets or all OneUI 1.1 devices)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Awesome. This confirms it's tablets only.

Does your Tab S4 have OneUI 1.0 or 1.1?
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
OneUI 1.1...CH as-tu la charge rapide sur ta S5e ??
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Oui. 15W
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Tablets
I can read French but it's hard to understand when someone speaking. It's cuz I don't live in French city?
Bing
Active Level 10
Tablets
Have u the charge fast for the s5e
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Bing, i just asked CHMultimedia because i want to know if he have the «rapid charge» on his tablet but I am not sure if it is the right «term» in english
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
It's Fast Charging in EN
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Tablets
No I understood lol. That's why I said I can read and understand. But I watch French cartoons and idk what they're talking about! Is it cuz I live English city?
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Lol what FR cartoons are we talking about here? I hope it's something good like dubbed CN shows

It may be due to their accents. And they often use expressions that are hard to translate JIT. I know it was hard for me to understand EN cartoons. Plus hey are often dubbed in Belgium, so it's harder to understand because they may use terms and sentences from there
Unless you mean QC dubs like the Simpsons or Fox/Adult Swim's shows
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Tablets
Well they're English CN shows but dubbed in French lol.