Original topic:

PSA: OneUI 1.1 on Tablets lets you literally protect your battery.

(Topic created on: 05-10-2019 05:46 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Tablets
Ever feared of degrading your battery because of your poor charging habits? Samsung's got the solution now.

What's that? No, it's not a new battery technology. OneUI 1.1 allows you to limit the maximum charge of the battery to 85%. This should limit the pressure on the battery.

There are apps out there such as AccuBattery that want to help you have better battery habits but they only can do so much without system access.

Enabling this feature will require a reboot. After you have done so, the device you are using will adjust the battery levels accordingly. You can still charge the device to 100% but it will only be 85% in reality.

Want in? Head to Device Care, Battery, 3 Dots (More Options), Advanced Settings, Protect Battery. Reboot and enjoy.

Its not a definitive decision. At any time, you can cancel this and go back to full 100% usage of the battery

(The question mark is due to the fact that I don't know if it's exclusive to tablets or all OneUI 1.1 devices)
21 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
You got good taste.
Don't worry it's not easy at first. Take me for example. I begun watching in FR. Had no issues understanding what Gumball, Finn, Steven, K.O. or Mordecai were saying. Then Corus dropped most shows in QC (because they own licenses to all the major cartoons from Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network and there's a law in QC against ads targeting children so it wasn't economically sound to launch multiple channels). So I had no choice but to watch them in English. I really had a hard time keeping up with the sentences and the expressions and the intonations. But progressively I understood. It helps to have subtitles at first so you see what word was said and then you associate the word with what you heard.
Maxavius
Beginner Level 3
Tablets
my galaxy tab a 2019 has this feature. oddly it's not included in my s10e even after the upgrade to android x and Ui2.0. what gives Samsung. is this an apple tactic to force me to buy a new phone in a few years because my battery has degraded to such poor health.
0 Likes