Original topic:

Repair void

(Topic created on: 04-24-2020 09:11 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Tablets
We all know that with the global situation worldwide, a lot of companies do their best to adapt to it in an effort to protect their customers and their employees.

Well, "a lot" excludes Samsung. They closed their service centres which means that it is impossible to repair tablets. Useless live chat reps point to third-party authorized service centres and assured me that they can repair the tablet there, but no, they can't. They are not allowed to do on-prem tablet repairs and must send them to a Samsung service centre, which are closed. Phones can be serviced on-prem but not tablets. Meanwhile, had I bought an Apple tablet, or an OLED laptop coated with Gorilla Glass, they could have repaired it on the spot.

So my Tab S6 needs repairing (and my mother's Tab S5e) and there is absolutely no solution whatsoever. Great job Samsung Canada. Great job having such a lack of foresight and having such frustratingly ignorant live chat reps.

(PS: the new notice talks about an abducting service. Please hire real translators too. Or ask a bilingual member to do it)
21 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

What happened to your tablet ?

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Screen broke. I have no idea how though. The tablet was not dropped recently
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Tablets
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, we want to assure you that the health and safety of our employees, customers and partners is our top priority at Samsung Electronics Canada.
In an effort to protect our community, customers and employees, we will be closing Samsung Experience Stores across Canada, effective immediately.
If your device needs repair, we have over 50 locations open across Canada where you can bring your device. We can also pick up, repair, and return your device by express courier anywhere in Canada. Click here for further details -https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Sigh. Have you read my post? These "locations" cannot service Samsung tablets. What am I supposed to do?
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
So, we'll see what suggest all new Moderators about this... (i always told you than a tablet is not a Frisbee lol)
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Tablets
My galaxy buds were acting up and a Samsung rep told me to mail them somewhere to be fixed. I fixed them myself so I'm not sure about the process, but I'd try contacting Samsung support.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
I did. And they sent me to the third-party place I mentioned
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
That's where I go ever since 2017. I called them and they explained to me (and they explained as if I was intelligent enough to understand, unlike live chat reps) that they are not allowed to repair tablets. They have to send it to an official service centre, but they are closed.
0 Likes