Original topic:

Repair void

(Topic created on: 04-24-2020 09:11 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Tablets
We all know that with the global situation worldwide, a lot of companies do their best to adapt to it in an effort to protect their customers and their employees.

Well, "a lot" excludes Samsung. They closed their service centres which means that it is impossible to repair tablets. Useless live chat reps point to third-party authorized service centres and assured me that they can repair the tablet there, but no, they can't. They are not allowed to do on-prem tablet repairs and must send them to a Samsung service centre, which are closed. Phones can be serviced on-prem but not tablets. Meanwhile, had I bought an Apple tablet, or an OLED laptop coated with Gorilla Glass, they could have repaired it on the spot.

So my Tab S6 needs repairing (and my mother's Tab S5e) and there is absolutely no solution whatsoever. Great job Samsung Canada. Great job having such a lack of foresight and having such frustratingly ignorant live chat reps.

(PS: the new notice talks about an abducting service. Please hire real translators too. Or ask a bilingual member to do it)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Tomorrow, you could see for yourself. Call any UBREAKIFIX location and ask them how much it would cost to replace your tablet's display.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

CH Tomorrow, you could see for yourself. Call any UBREAKIFIX location and ask them how much it would cost to replace your tablet's display.

No need, i beleive you, just tell me how it cost ? Not sure Samsung pay for broken screen , what do you think ?

@Jeremy_from_Samsung, what do you suggest in that case ?

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
My credit card gives me extra protection so it's free anyway for me. But it would not be covered under Samsung warranty.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Nope, as I am in Quebec
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
UBREAKNOFIX.

UBREAKFU.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

CHMultimedia, i found something for you...here is a link where the person scratch/broke the screen after few minutes of use so i think it's abnormal and seem being a bad glass screen quality :

https://youtu.be/37Pb0ZjxCwI

She make many reviews so we can't say she don't know how it works...just take a look and put a screen protector on your new screen when it will been repaired...Screenshot_20200427-163055_YouTube.jpg

oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
now I am concerned.... 🤢
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
They used Gorilla Glass 3. That's far less durable than Gorilla Glass 4. For reference, current phones use Gorilla Glass 6.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

CHMultimedia, Samsung should put the highest level of Gorilla glass on their high end products 

0 Likes