Original topic:

Tab S5e keyboard case non standard key layout

(Topic created on: 07-14-2019 05:59 PM)
GSam
Active Level 5
Options
Tablets
Just purchase the S5e & keyboard case package from Costco. Very happy so far except for non standart hardware keyboard layout. Alphabets and numbers are in the right place but symbols are not. eg. shift 6 does not gives the " ? " but " ^ ". Was told by Samsung tech suppot that the hardware keyboard can not be remapped. 🤔
0 Likes
7 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Tap on the Lang button. This happens because you aren't using the right keyboard language
Oh and congrats on the new tablet! I too got it from Costco!
0 Likes
GSam
Active Level 5
Tablets
Thanks for the suggestion. I am using the default English (US) . If I tab the "Lang" botton it takes me to Chinese (Which I installed). I can use the software keyboard with no issue just
0 Likes
Malechai
Active Level 4
Tablets
I have the same keyboard cover from Costco. the issue is the keyboard is bilingual so some of the printed characters on the keys dont match the English US layout. ? key is in it's normal location on an English only keyboard - press the key to the left of right shift. you can reference a picture of a keyboard to get an idea of where things actually are.

also, let me save you some time - I asked Costco if they could order an English only keyboard and exchange. they said no.
0 Likes
GSam
Active Level 5
Tablets
Thank you. I just have to remember the the normal places they are in. Not to follow the symbols printed on the physical keyboard
0 Likes
Malechai
Active Level 4
Tablets
if you want the keyboard keys to match what is typed on screen, change your input language for hardware keyboard to French (Canada). go into settings, general management, language and input, physical keyboard, Samsung Keyboard, then pick French (Canada) from the list. now all the printed keys match what appears on screen.
GSam
Active Level 5
Tablets
Thanks for the information.
0 Likes
Wooleybear
Active Level 1
Tablets

Wow that's great. I just posted about the very same subject BEFORE I saw your post. You solved it!!! Perfect. many thanks. 

0 Likes