Original topic:

Tab S5eeeeeeeeeeee

(Topic created on: 05-07-2019 04:04 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Tablets
Today, Google announced its Pixel 3a and 3a XL devices starting at 550$. So I did the only logical thing and bought Samsung's latest Tablet.

Currently it's too early to do a proper review but it's WOW. The tablet is razor thin. And that's not a hyperbolic statement. It's truly incredibly thin. And light!

The device is pure metal, with glass in the front. The metal is smooth.

The device is such a pleasure to handle, even with one hand. Not operating it of course, but just holding it doesn't feel like a chore or unnecessary weight.

The black color is a bit grey and a bit blue. I like it!

The screen... ohmygosh the screen is gorgeous. 10.5" of pure Super AMOLED goodness. And take those quad speakers, 7Ah battery plus the Snapdragon 670 (with Adreno 615) and you have a multimedia powerhouse.

I bought it in store at Costco if you wonder. Came with the official Book Keyboard Cover, which enables DeX. Unfortunately they didn't have another color or the 128GB model. The Tab S2 is gone and that's its replacement. Worthy replacement.

Currently I have only one concern. The Call and Message Continuity doesn't seem to be working. The feature is enabled on the tablet but I can't get or make calls or messages from my phone. Guess the Note9 isn't supported yet and that's a shame. I hope support for this feature comes soon.
0 Likes
18 Comments
Tablets
Right On!!! I am glad you found and purchased the Tab S5e. From the review that you posted about the tablet, I am getting the urge to go out and get one as well. Hopefully there will updates coming soon in order to get the Call and Message Continuity working.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
They have the tablet in display so you should definitely go check it out IRL. Though the tablet's focus is obviously multimedia. If you happen to often binge watch [any-content-here] on your phone, this will feel like day and night. And since it's so thin and light, it's extremely portable
0 Likes
Tablets
Cool!! There is a Costco store a 10 minute drive from my house. I will definitely go over there tomorrow and see this tablet.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Here's what the booth will look like. But, you know, with English writing
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Hi Jayman1973,

Personally, if Costco offers you the same special "Cover Book" I suggest you to buy the 128gigs tablet if you want to enjoy it for a long time.

I have a Galaxy Tab S4 and I already have 45 gigs used only for applications running with DEX and my normal applications in my internal stockage  , everything then I can save is on my SD card  (download, pictures, documents etc ) and those things take around 35 gigs space... ( I work a lot on the tablet)

If you buy it  for games or for  real multimedia using you'll need a lot of space... Fornite and other good games take about 2-3 gigs each and do not install on the SD card.

The screen of the S5e seems to be the same as the Galaxy Tab S4 and is simply beautiful.  I prefer to watch movies on my tablet because it's better  than on my HD-TV ... 

This is my opinion 

0 Likes
Tablets
Awesome. I am heading there tomorrow.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
congrats on your new sammy.
weren't you going to wait for the Spen?

did you experience the "you're holding it wrong" curse?

.-
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
I do have WiFi reception problems but not when I hold it. Strangely it seems to happen when it lies flat. I need more experimental data though. You know how tech sites love to make a river out of a small stream.

To be honest, I was just looking for a replacement to my dead Tab A 8.0 2015 ASAP. I'm still considering to get the full Tab S5 (mainly for portable Wii and Gamecube emulation, also for the S Pen) but this is a great device nonetheless. And, being a quality product, if I get the Tab S5, I can still either gift it or sell it.
0 Likes