Original topic:

Tab S5eeeeeeeeeeee

(Topic created on: 05-08-2019 05:33 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Tablets
Today, Google announced its Pixel 3a and 3a XL devices starting at 550$. So I did the only logical thing and bought Samsung's latest Tablet.

Currently it's too early to do a proper review but it's WOW. The tablet is razor thin. And that's not a hyperbolic statement. It's truly incredibly thin. And light!

The device is pure metal, with glass in the front. The metal is smooth.

The device is such a pleasure to handle, even with one hand. Not operating it of course, but just holding it doesn't feel like a chore or unnecessary weight.

The black color is a bit grey and a bit blue. I like it!

The screen... ohmygosh the screen is gorgeous. 10.5" of pure Super AMOLED goodness. And take those quad speakers, 7Ah battery plus the Snapdragon 670 (with Adreno 615) and you have a multimedia powerhouse.

I bought it in store at Costco if you wonder. Came with the official Book Keyboard Cover, which enables DeX. Unfortunately they didn't have another color or the 128GB model. The Tab S2 is gone and that's its replacement. Worthy replacement.

Currently I have only one concern. The Call and Message Continuity doesn't seem to be working. The feature is enabled on the tablet but I can't get or make calls or messages from my phone. Guess the Note9 isn't supported yet and that's a shame. I hope support for this feature comes soon.
0 Likes
18 Comments
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
... or keep both.

once in your hands, there it remains.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
have you compared display quality S4 x S5e?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Picture quality is 1:1 or very close. However there's no HDR. However HDR content is still hard to find nowadays anyway so it's not like you're missing out much
0 Likes
Tablets
@Cassidy, I greatly appreciate your suggestion. I do currently download pictures, documents, music etc. and save to my SD card on my S8 phone. Before I make a final decision on purchasing the tablet, I will check out the features it has and give it a hands on to get a feel for it.
0 Likes
SHONG
Active Level 4
Tablets
Do you also have issues with the home screen flickering? When I swipe on the homescreen the UI glitches out and it gets annoying. I can't tell if this is just mine or a widespread issue.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
I saw your glitch video. I do not have this problem on my Tab S5e. Did you try to wipe the Samsung Experience Launcher's data?
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
@CHMultimedia
Puisque tu possèdes le Cover Book sur ta tablette, je me demandais ceci:
Lorsque tu fermes le Cover Book, ton écran s'éteint-il automatiquement ou pas du tout ?
- Ton Cover Book n'a pas d'attaches comme celui qui vient avec la Galaxy Tab S4 ce qui le rend facile à détacher pour s'en servir comme un gamer MAIS est-ce que ça maintient ta tablette solidement si jamais tu l'ouvrais dans le mauvais sens ?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
1- Non malheureusement. Il semblerait que la Tab S5e soit dépourvue d'un capteur à effet Hall (proximité), ce que mon ancienne Tab A 8.0 2015 avait. Cela rend cette fonctionnalité impossible à réaliser.
2- Il y a de toutes petites fentes de part et d'autre du port POGO. À part cela, il n'y a aucune attache, l'étui-clavier tirant parti des aimants sur la tablette. La tablette tient solidement tant que les 4 aimants sont utilisés. Si seulement deux sont utilisés (quand le millieu est replié, pour le mettre en mode clavier), la tablette risque de tomber
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
CHMultimedia, je viens de regarder les spécifications de nos tablettes et les 2 ont le capteur de proximité...faudrait juste le trouver dans les paramètres pour savoir s'il est en fonction ou pas.....
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_s5e-9581.php
0 Likes