Original topic:

Tab S6 Keyboard Right Click does not work in Microsoft RD Client

(Topic created on: 01-27-2020 05:07 PM)
Samsung_r17twMu
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

I having the same problem as listed on the US board but I can only post on the Canadian board: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Tab-S6-Keyboard-and-Microsoft-Remote-Desktop/td-p/887233

When using the Microsoft RD Client to remote desktop to a windows host, the trackpad right mouse button does not work. The right mouse button does work inside Dex desktop so it is not a mechical issue. Other threads have reported that some older firmwares had this fixed but it fails in new keyboard firmwares. Both a bluetooth mouse and USB mouse work perfectly.

I got the tab s6 and keyboard cover last week. I have updated both the tablet software and the keyboard firmware. Both updates reported they worked correctly.

What is the process to fix this. Without it I will have to return the samsung keyboard.

Thanks

Doug

0 Likes
7 Comments
Samsung_r17twMu
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I just found out that this problem only occurs while using Dex. If Dex is turned off than the right click work normally in MS RD Client.

Tablets
Obviously is a software issue. You can submit the error using Samsung Members App.

Get Help→ Send Feedback→ Send Error Reports

So that Samsung can fix the error in future updates.
RustlersDeluxe
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

This is still a issue and is more widespread. i cannot right click on apps in normal mode either. This is a required feature for me so I will need to process a refund unless it is added quickly

0 Likes
Rosko
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

On the galaxy tab s7+; samsung keyboard cover (samsung top model = 1000€) and after update to UI3.1 and android 11, right click on MSRDP not working anymore!!!

Now, it's expensive useless children toy for me.

ghardashyan
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

I confirm this! Tab S7+ with OneUI 3.1 + the official keyboard cover, and no right click/two-finger scroll in MS RDP.

0 Likes
slaterbrews
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I can confirm that two-finger scroll does not work with MS RDP application (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.rdc.androidx). After some random troubleshooting, as a work around for right-clicking I did find that a three-finger tap (not click) on the touchpad will simulate a right-click. This is with my s7+ and official bookcover keyboard.

If you find an update on the two-finger scrolling please let me know.

sonuame
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

If I use this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager

For RDP, then everything works. double finger scroll and right click as well. Looks like its MS RDPs fault for not taking the keyboard inputs as expected.

PS. there is a issue this app as if you minimize or lock your tablet, you always need to reconnect the rdp. Its screen freezes and doesn't repond on "resume"

0 Likes