Original topic:

Tab S6 Lite Bluetooth Mouse Connected as Physical Keyboard

(Topic created on: 09-02-2020 09:02 AM)
whtnoise
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets

I've tried with two different BT mice now, on very rare random occasions they work as mice, but usually they connect as a Physical Keyboard. Is there any way to remedy this? Have tried un-pairing all of my other BT devices and re-pairing. Have also tried booting into safe mode with no luck.

Please see attached photo.

Thanks!

Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse Connecting as Physical KeyboardMicrosoft Bluetooth Mouse Connecting as Physical Keyboard

0 Likes
11 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Hi @whtnoise

I never tried bluetooth mouse on my tablets but do you have to enable something in the section mouse/keypad to make it works  ?

20200902_125111.jpg

On my tab S4 , it works when i'm using a usb combo Keyboard / mouse with the USB-C / USB-A  adaptor or my logitech mouse M330 with the usb-c adaptor

0 Likes
whtnoise
Active Level 1
Tablets

Hey Cassidy,

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately there isn't anything under the mouse/trackpad settings that changes anything about how the mouse is connected...

I've thought about trying a USB-C OTG adapter, but would prefer to use BT.

In theory it should work fine - connecting an actual BT keyboard to the tablet functions exactly as it should, seems like this is specific to how the tablet classifies input devices? Have seen a couple of other posts from users experiencing the exact same issue with other BT mice...

0 Likes
Tablets

Hi Whtnoise, I think it is normal because I have my BT mouse connected through my Note device, my mouse also shows under Physical keyboard (M720), but it treat my mouse as a keyboard 🙁. But if I have both connected to my device, all shows under physical keyboard. They might just say Physical Keyboard and mouse 😜.
Kinsley
Options
Tablets
Yes, It is normal. When you connect Bluetooth Keyboard or Mouse, it does appear under Physical Keyboard.
0 Likes
whtnoise
Active Level 1
Tablets
Is there any particular reason why the mouse cursor doesn't appear when the mouse is connected?
0 Likes
Tablets

Does the mouse shows a small dot on screen? Or nothing? If it is nothing, can you open anything?

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
whtnoise
If you write MOUSE in the search button of Settings, if it's like mine you are supposed to see thing like this
Do you have something similar ? (my mouse is not bluettooth but a mouse is a mouse)
0 Likes
whtnoise
Active Level 1
Tablets

@Tallman - There isn't a cursor or a dot, clicking doesn't seem to do anything either. There were one or two times over the course of connecting and disconnecting BT that the cursor did show up, but I haven't been able to reproduce the steps I took for it to function properly...

@Cassidy - I have all of those same settings - with the exception of DeX, as I'm on a Tab S6 Lite.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
whtnoise
and if you go in Accessibility /large mouse pointer , does nothing ?
0 Likes