Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
GRIS 😜
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Tablets
Which S6 did you get? How is the keyboard cover? Some reviews are saying it's bad. I'm still debating on S6 for my mom. Not sure if I should spend on the 256GB model.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Nah, for the upgrade price, you can buy a 512GB SD card and effectively have more than 600GB of storage at your disposal, AKA more than you'll ever need, except if you're a movie/series junkie downloading HDR BD Remuxes. And the extra RAM is useless. My Tab S6 is extra snappy even with only 6GB of RAM. Juggling between tons of apps is a breeze. Of course, your experience may differ.

The card I'm referring to: https://www.amazon.ca/-/en/Samsung-EVO-Plus-Adapter-MB-MC512GA/dp/B07MBG74PD/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_fr_CA=%...
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

@Vic20

Personnaly, i prefef having a better internal  "Hard disk storage"  of 256 gigs and a smaller Micro SD card for junk or unnecessary files ...

I never saw a internal storage broke but i often saw a SD card broke or unreadable

I have 256gb  internal storage on my Tab S4 and about 62 gigs of applications

0 Likes
Tablets
i'm actually thinking of exchanging this to 8gb version.. but i already put a tempered glass on (not whitestone lol).. the keyboard is superb.. i think its the back cover that has issues but as for now, it really sticks and hard to take it off as i don't wanna force it. the stand is very firm. the entire case is good to the hands. hehe..
Vic20
Active Level 10
Tablets
@CHMultimedia thanks for the input. I was thinking in the same lines of that too. Why it was open to debate in my mind. lol

@Cassidy: SSDs are great but I did have 2 fail on me in the past. They are catastrophic failures and there are no warning signs when they fail. If they fail, they are unusable to the extreme. You can't view/retrieve data from them when it happens. They are bricked. I only use it for OS and software so it wasn't a big thing to me. 😛
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Vic20 Ohhhhh,
I crossed my fingers after reading you...Are they external SSD ?
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Tablets
@Cassidy, they were internal 2.5" SSDs SATA III. They work beautifully as boot/OS drives. I redirect the data directories to mechanical HDDs.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Which ones? Not all SSDs are created equal...
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Tablets
@CHMultimedia one was Crucial and the other one I can't remember now. it was years ago. But it was another well known company that specialized in RAM.
0 Likes