Original topic:

android 10 pie

(Topic created on: 08-03-2020 10:09 AM)
stanzmann
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets
New androkd update stinks. Tablet sm-t90 now heats, it is slow and lags, weather is now sloppy. I used to love my samsung tablet but now it is a horror. Hope Samsung fixes or lets us  downgrade to previous version which was 100% better than this **bleep**.....t. If not I don't think I will buy anything called Samung.
0 Likes
5 Comments
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi stanzmann, Please perform the wipe cache partition and check if the issue got resolved.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Make a  wipe cache partition 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/m-p/3156063#M1...

Should be good to know the device model..sm-t90 does not exist

@keagan you were 1 second faster than me on this one

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
I think it's the SM-T290, Tab A 8.0 2019. You can downgrade, but I'll check if a fixed release is in the works.
0 Likes
Malechai
Active Level 4
Tablets
I've been having a fantastic experience on my s5e after installing it this morning. love dark mode and the way faster fingerprint recognition! PS. I did do the cache wipe as outlined above.
keagan
Options
Tablets

Hi Malechai, Glad your device is working fine. Sometimes, wiping cache partitions which clears temporary files and logs, helps to get the issue resolved.

0 Likes