Original topic:

galaxy Tab A

(Topic created on: 09-24-2019 08:00 AM)
Bobbyd
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
Has anyone had a problem with Galaxy Tab A battery only lasting half a day since last update
0 Likes
9 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Tablets
I haven't had any issue.. have you checked your battery use??
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
@Bobbyd
You news to make a Wipe Cache Partition, you don't loose nothing.
Go on YouTube and check Samsung Wipe cache partition, you have many videos about how to proceed.

Delete the system cache – if the system cache gets corrupted or becomes obsolete, the first to suffer is the device’s performance and this could be the case here especially if the problem started without apparent reason. You need to wipe the cache partition to delete and replace the system cache with a new one. Here’s how it’s done…

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.

When the Samsung Galaxy Tab A logo screen displays, release all three keys, then press and quickly release the Power key

‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds, then a ‘No command’ Android will appear before showing the Android system recovery menu options.

Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’

Press Power button to select.

When the wipe is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
Bobbyd
Active Level 1
Tablets
i did that no difference then did a back to factory default still no change
0 Likes
monsieurleblanc
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Hey Cassidy,

My Galaxy Tab A tablet wasn't charging pas 32%. Also, my tablet had become really slow; something was up and had to be fixed.

I had done a reset, then a factory reset to no avail. I saw your delete system cache tip. Did it and now I believe it fixed the battery issue! I turned it off and am charging it now (10am EST since about 35 minutes). It's at 48%. Seems like your tip solved my Galaxy Tab A tablet's battery issue.

Thank-you so much for your helpful tip! I really super appreciate it. Thank goodness to people like you!

Take care!

monsieurleblanc

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
@Bobbyd
Check this Samsung Webpage, you have about everything explain there on how getting a better battery life :
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-device-is-charging-slowly-not-switching-on-or-k...

Also, 6 months ago, i had a similar problem and the problem was a application of Google Play Store that was draining my battery and i also tough it was the upate that make that problem..(it was ES File Explorer and now Google ban this application)
Check in your Maintenance application wich applicattion is draining your battery...i know you make a hard reset...this is why i don't understand.
Maybe @Jeremy_from_Samsung or @Steve01 should help, they are the Moderators of this forum and they are here to help so they surely know the right answer...
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
The Samsung Members app connects you to a comprehensive section of FAQ's and expert advisers. Through the Members app you can run diagnostic checks on your devices to make sure that everything is working as it should be.

1Open the Samsung Members app

2Select the Get help tab

3Select Interactive checks. Alternatively, perform a full hardware check by tapping Automatic checks

4Tap Battery

Once the hardware test has completed you will be shown tips and solutions if any faults are found.

0 Likes
Bobbyd
Active Level 1
Tablets
thanks
0 Likes
Tanguay
Beginner Level 2
Tablets
the last update slowed everything down on my Galaxy Tab A. its really slow to respond to anything and very frustrating. and our battery seems ok, its just everything else
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Tanguay
did you try the wipe cache partition ?
Also did you read the Samsung's website link than i give? It's not for the Tab A but solution is the same...
https://thedroidguy.com/2019/10/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-tab-s4-thats-running-so-slow-or-has-poor-p...
0 Likes