Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets
does android have phone number? Please help

6 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Tablets
Yes it does once you have a sim card in your device from a carrier and its paid.
0 Likes
Dawnbrightsu
Active Level 1
Tablets
If you want to see your phone number, go to your contacts list and the first phone number under Me should be your phone number.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Tablets
Or go into Settings>About phone.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Tablets

No, Android does not have a phone number. 

Phone numbers are assigned to devices by use of SIM cards.  Some android devices such as tablets do not have phone numbers since they do not have a SIM slot.

Unless you're talking about contacting the creators of Android,  that would be Google, and they do not have a number that you can call up.

https://support.google.com/android/?hl=en#topic=7313011

Zaptor
Active Level 6
Tablets
The question is listed under Tablets, so I assume you're talking about tablets. Some tablets have a sim card slot to get cellular data subscription from provider. But no, there is no phone number. Some older tablets had the ability to use as a phone, but not anymore.
Options
Tablets

Hi @Yxriiz,

The others have offered pretty good information about it. Android itself doesn't not have a phone number. Android is the operating system. Samsung Devices(more phones than tablets) do not come with a built in phone number - that information is in the SIM Card in your device. If you are not sure about if there is a sim card in your device or what carrier you are using, I suggest that you check Settings > About Phone > Status > SIM card status

Thanks everyone for your help!

Jeremy

0 Likes