Original topic:

no suggestions while typing with Tab S4. support is useless

(Topic created on: 12-02-2018 07:39 PM)
mmikeyy
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
has anyone else noticed that the FR_CA keyboard doesn't have a dictionary for suggestions, or if it does, it doesn't work? Also has anyone else noticed how useless the support staff is here? one took control of my tablet remotely and saw that he couldn't solve the problem. he said someone would call, no one ever did. I chatted with another attendee one week later. This one refused to take control of the tablet to see the problem for himself. He just said try this, try that (that is, change basic settings) and I did as he said even though it had been tried before. As expected, nothing worked. the chat exchange was interspersed with frequent "I'm sorry, , that you're having this problem!" coming from his side, which I guess they trigger with a key press. sigh. The. he typed "sorry, there's nothing we can do for you.". What kind of support is that? A basic function that works flawlessly on my Samsung phone can't work on my top the line Samsung tablet (S4). Go figure...
17 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
How does your keyboard look like? Here's mine, stock from Samsung. Do you see the T with two arrows around it?287c5d51-2419-4946-8f27-9c8a57641252.jpg
Samesung
Active Level 10
Tablets
CH I'm assuming that the question you posed was the correct answer and now they have realized that they went full first world problems with their little tantrum lol
0 Likes
mmikeyy
Active Level 1
Tablets
CHMultimedia yes. that's my keyboard. When I type, no suggestions. Suggestions are a big time saver in French as they allow you to avoid having to enter every single accent. the French(France) keyboard offers proper suggestions, but it has an azerty layout. The French(Swiss) keyboard also works fine, but with a layout closer to qwerty, but not qwerty. Just the FR_CA keyboard has that problem. I suspect that a file might be corrupted, but there is no way to force an update.
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Tablets
@Samesung Your comment is more cringeworthy than reading through OPs tantrum. Do use your fully developed brain to understand that OPs problem isn't first world problems, it is/can be faced by everybody and anybody.

Don't use mockery when you don't know how to use it.
mmikeyy
Active Level 1
Tablets
@RichMan if people think my comment is cringeworthy, they should see the entirety of my exchanges with support. My comment is but a short version. They keep reverting to "if this doesn't work, contact the chat", even after you complain about chat support being worse than useless.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Can you see the said T? Does pressing it work?

Also did you try to reset the keyboard settings?

@Samesung you are rude. I think it's normal to be upset if technical support is clueless about such problems on premium hardware.
0 Likes
mmikeyy
Active Level 1
Tablets
Here are examples with fr_FR vs fr_CA. With the fr_CA keyboard, all words must be typed completely, with each and every accent. It takes forever. Someone above comments sarcastically that it's a first world problem. Well, I'm a first world citizen who paid a first world price for what I expect to be a quality product. I won't be satisfied with third-world-grade service. 49470afc-f41f-4916-994f-cb4640693516.jpg
939dfe52-a10e-47ff-b1de-f403ad114944.jpg
09e1987a-03d3-406d-83b0-ffd1c865e1c2.jpg
be604f09-d0dd-468b-822a-45e510dd97ac.jpg
0 Likes
mmikeyy
Active Level 1
Tablets
@CHMultimedia yes, keyboard settings were reset. Languages were removed from the list, then put back in. Tablet was restarted. The support guy who took control remotely tried all that too (except restarting, of course...). Then he gave up, promising a phone call that never happened (I have zero hope that a phone call would be useful anyway). I even sent an email saying that if their final answer was "sorry we can't help you" (as the 2nd chat guy said), I would consider asking for a refund as I am baffled by their inability to get such a basic function to work. And I got a reply! Saying that I should check my keyboard settings and contact chat support if needed.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
The last thing you can do is go to open your keyboard, tap the T switch icon, open the settings icon, select À Propos, then Informations de l'application, Stockage et Effacer les données. Then Forcer l'arrêt. I hope this will do it.

I have seriously no other idea to help you. Never faced that issue. Maybe ask for a refund and buy another one with the same money.
0 Likes