Original topic:

no suggestions while typing with Tab S4. support is useless

(Topic created on: 12-03-2018 03:22 PM)
mmikeyy
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
has anyone else noticed that the FR_CA keyboard doesn't have a dictionary for suggestions, or if it does, it doesn't work? Also has anyone else noticed how useless the support staff is here? one took control of my tablet remotely and saw that he couldn't solve the problem. he said someone would call, no one ever did. I chatted with another attendee one week later. This one refused to take control of the tablet to see the problem for himself. He just said try this, try that (that is, change basic settings) and I did as he said even though it had been tried before. As expected, nothing worked. the chat exchange was interspersed with frequent "I'm sorry, , that you're having this problem!" coming from his side, which I guess they trigger with a key press. sigh. The. he typed "sorry, there's nothing we can do for you.". What kind of support is that? A basic function that works flawlessly on my Samsung phone can't work on my top the line Samsung tablet (S4). Go figure...
17 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Seriously Samesung, get over it. What you are doing isn't cringeworthy, but blameworthy. Is he everyone that complains here? Does attacking him will prevent future occurrences of upset people?
mmikeyy
Active Level 1
Tablets
lol... This Samesung guy is really useless. Just ignore him... @CHMultimedia, your suggestion was extremely useful. In a interaction with Samsung's useless support staff, I asked if there was any way to download again the language files that seemed to be corrupted. Answer: a flat no. But this is the exact result you get when you clear the memory used by the application as you suggested! When you select your languages again after clearing the memory, a fresh copy of the language files is downloaded! Which solves the problem, as anticipated. It's a shame that this is buried at application level. The clearing of the memory used by language files should be part of the reinitialization that can be triggered from keyboard settings. Anyway, many thanks, @CHMultimedia!! 👍👍
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Tablets
@Samesung Why are you attacking? Did you even try to understand what I said you miserable old bas*tard? Stop being rude to everybody and everyone. Don't spread your own old misery, nobody is interested. I'll let you go this time. Don't try to pick a fight again with me old man, it's not gonna end well. 😂

@mmikeyy glad you had your problem solved by @CHMultimedia 👍
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Pfew! I'm glad your issue got resolved. Don't hesitate to ask again for help! I'd be more than happy to help.

And please, don't stop enjoying your tablet! But really it's a shame that the tech support couldn't do more.
mmikeyy
Active Level 1
Tablets
Yeah... This product is amazing.. I'm barely using my iPad now. With this problem out of the way, I'll use it even less. Not that the iPad is a bad product, on the contrary. But the S4 display is much better (simply breathtaking) and the single iPad speaker that sends the sound toward the back of the screen, away from the listener, is no match for the S4's 4 speakers.
Thanks again for the helpful suggestions!
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
You can say that again! The 10.5" QHD HDR Super AMOLED display is gorgeous and a marvel of technology. It is after all the priciest component of the tablet!
Moderator_
Options
Tablets
Thank you @CHMultimedia for being able to resolve the issue! Extremely helpful! Sorry @mmikkey that you had that experience, but I am happy this issue got figured out.
-Jenna
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
you're lucky you were not presented with the standard wipe/full reset caches.
0 Likes